Seven

The next day at school was kind of weird. People thanked me for beating up Austin. I didn't do it for them. I did it for Ashton. I was standing at my locker when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to Ashton's notepad in my face.
Someone is popular today.
I looked at him and he was smirking.
"Oh shut up." I smiled.
I was talking about me.
He winked.
"Oh really." I laughed.
Everyone says you are a great friend Luke. They are right.
I smiled after reading that. It also kind of hurt because I wanted to be more than his friend.

- - - - - - - - -

After school I asked Calum to come over. I needed to talk to him about liking Ashton. I had to tell someone! I gave Calum a hug, as I always do whenever he comes over and we went to my room.
"Okay. Tell me, what is it?" He smiled.
"I-I like Ashton." I said.
Calum's smiled dropped a little.
"What?" I asked.
"It's just, you haven't really known him long. And he's-he's different." Calum explained.
"I know but he's a good different."
"I just don't want you getting hurt like I did Luke." Calum frowned.
Calum wasn't gay. He had a girlfriend once upon a time. Long story short he caught her cheating. Calum wasn't the same after that. I was by his side the whole time. I even stopped him from doing something stupid. But that's a different story. I hugged the boy sitting in front of me.
"Thank you Calum."
"For what?"
"Caring. And any girl would be lucky to have you." I pinched his cheeks.
He pushed my hand away.
"So what are you going to do about Ashton?" He asked.
"I don't know Calum. I don't know."