Chapter 16

AN : LOL, i decided to update because i finally did my assignment for Electronic and Media; apps review (Which i review about wattpad ;), but as soon as i started to type, i got an email from my Sociology group, that i have a debate against one of the power team in my college next week -..- nice, prof ...

btw...

my debate topic is age retirement..

Proposition : We need to increase the age of retirement because the society is getting older and the elderly need stable income to live.

I have to oppose that proposition......soooooo, any ideas?

"Who called off the engagement !!" Mr. Cabello's voice boomed through the house.

"I know Camila is in the hospital right now. But it doesn't mean that we have to cancel all of this just because of her stupid little act." Austin said before exiting the mansion. His heart clenched when he heard from his mom that the Cabello called off his engagement.

"Austin, I'm not the one who called off your engagement." Mr. Cabello shouted just before Austin slammed the front door shut. The eldest Cabello sighed before turning to the other people inside the room. "Now who did this?" he asked.

"I did," Replied Selena as she stood up.

" You, Lena?!"Mr. Cabello looked at his granddaughter in disbelief. "How dare you disrespecting me like that! You have no right to called off the engagement!" He spat at Selena, making everybody flinches.

"Gramps, I did this for Camila's sake." Selena tried to explained, "In this matter, we can't be selfish, gramps. We have to think about her."

"She's my granddaughter! I have the right to decide who's going to marry her!"

"Gramps, I know Austin is a nice kid, but it doesn't mean Camila like him..." Selena sighed, "Gramps, let her decide this by her own."

The eldest Cabello sighed heavily before plopped onto the couch, "Are you happy with Demi, Selena?" He asked.

"What?" Selena and Demi, who was quiet before, at the back asked in confusion.

"I said, are you happy with Demi?" He asked cynically, "I mean, she's my choice. Are you happy with her?"

Selena stood speechless as she ducked her head down. Yes, gramps force her to marry Demi, but she's happy with her, even though she didn't like Demi at first.

"Does she make you happy?" He asked again.

"Yes, gramps." Selena said slowly as Demi came behind her and rubbed her shoulder. Something she always does to keep Selena's calm.

"Then, what makes you think that it'll be different with your sister this time?" The old man asked. His voice weak.

Selena, along with Demi stood quiet. They didn't know it. They didn't know the answer. They didn't know if Austin could make Camila happy and forget about Lauren like Demi did to Selena and Nick. The atmosphere becomes quiet for a moment before Sofi, stood from the couch to sit on the arm rest of her grandfather's couch, side hugging the older man.

"Gramps, Mila has been happy these past months if you didn't notice. She really loves Lauren, I can see it in her eyes. Please, gramps...please agree with Lena. Please let Mila marry the love of her life." Sofi plead, leaning her head on the old man's shoulder.