My Girlfriend Lauren

"484 and 148, 7/11 on Flagler Street, Hispanic female, seventeen-years-old, dark hair, pale complexion."

Alejandro Cabello glanced at the police scanner in his car, his eyebrows furrowed for a moment before reaching over and pulling the handheld radio to his mouth, speaking clearly into it. "7/11 on Flagler? Isn't that Jamarr's shop?"

"Yeah - says a teenager tried to buy beer with a fake ID."

Alejandro let out a sigh and shook his head. "Is he sure this time? Last time I was sent there and wasted my time on a poor girl who practically started a riot because she was accused of shoplifting sanitary supplies when I could've been covering that homicide on Brickell Avenue. Plus, she was my daughters best friend."

"Well he says its legit this time. I dunno man, could be something, could be nothing. Better check it out just in case."

The officer shook his head once again, putting his car in drive and pulling out of his spot by Burger-King where he had intended to buy dinner - there went his plans. Arriving at the store a few short minutes later, he saw the very angry store clerk through the window and his eyebrows raised to his hairline, getting down and locking his patrol car.

Entering the store, the clerk turned his glare on the teenager to the officer, his attention caught by the welcome bell going off above his head. His dark complexion lit up at the sight of him and he smiled, opening his arms in welcome. "Ah, Officer Cabello! Nice of you to join us!" He spoke in his thick Jamaican accent.

The teenagers eyebrow quirked at the name and then smirked, staying silent.

Alejandro gave the store clerk a smile back, resting his hands on the cashier counter that separated the two men. "Hello, Jamarr. What is it this time?"

Jamarr's smile fell and was replaced with a scowl, pointing in the direction of the teenager, where she was handcuffed to the bench she was sitting on. "That little girl tried to buy my beer," he slammed his hand down on the pack she tried to buy and Officer Cabello winced, "with a stupid fake ID. She also tried to steal a pack of cigarettes."

Alejandro looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Well how are you sure it's fake?"

Jamarr scoffed at the question and turned around, picking up the card from behind him and slamming it on the counter, allowing the officer to pick it up and examine it. "It says she's 32, I may wear contacts but I am not blind! That child looks like she just came fresh out of the womb!"

Alejandro glanced at the angry man and turned to look at the smirking teenager, now knowing her name to be Lauren Jauregui as it said on the ID. "Thirty-two?"

Lauren smirked at him and tipped her head, letting her shoulders shrug lightly as she replied, "What can I say? I age gracefully."

Officer Cabello only sighed then paused as he noticed the handcuffs on her right wrist and turned to look at Jamarr. "You handcuffed her?"

"It was the only way she wouldn't run off!"

--

The ride back to the station was silent for both the officer and culprit. Until the formers phone rang and he had no choice but to answer.

You can dance like Beyoncé
You can shake like Shakira
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful
So whine like Rihanna
Go and pose like Madonna
'Cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest
And you're beautiful, you're beautiful girl

Lauren smirked from the backseat at the song, deciding to speak up. "Nice ringtone there, officer."

Alejandro scowled and quickly silenced it by pressing his Bluetooth in his ear and answering. "It's my daughter singing." He grumbled, "Hello?"

"Hi papa! Mami was wondering if you were going to be home for dinner or if I should just bring some to you at the station." his daughters raspy yet perky voice flowed into his ear, just loud enough for Lauren to hear her in the back and she grinned in mischief, calling out to him but making sure for his daughter to hear as well.

"Daughter, huh? She cute?"

Alejandro glanced back at the teenager in his backseat and shook his head. "Hey Mila. No I don't think I will, so it's best if you bring it to me. What are we having?"

Camila faltered for a moment, hearing her voice and finding it familiar. "Uhm.. tamales. Is there anyone in the car with you?"

Alejandro glared at Lauren through the rear view mirror, receiving a sweet smile in response, "Yeah I've got this girl I'm taking to the station. Listen I have to go, I'll see you there, baby."

Deciding to ignore the girl, Camila smiled. "Okay, see you. Love you papa."

"Love you too, Mija." He hung up and the two stayed silent for a moment as he continued driving.

"Soo.. How olds your daughter?"

"Shut it."

--

"Hiya Mila! Bringing dinner in for your old man again, eh?"

"Hey Big Rob!" Camila smiled at the large bald man at the reception desk, stopping to chat with him for a minute. "Yeah, he said he couldn't make it home. Is he in?"

Big Rob smiled at the teenager, nodding. "Yep - just got in. He's in his office."

"Thanks Rob." Camila grinned and began to walk past the desk but then quickly came back, pulling out a small take out box from the paper bag in her hands. "Oh, I almost forgot. I brought you some tamales." She smiled brightly, her eyes twinkling. "I know how much you love them."

The officers eyes lit up and he grinned back at her. "Yes! You're the best Camila, thanks."

Camila only laughed at that, waving her hand. "No problem. See you." She happily walked the rest of the way into the station, towards her fathers office in the back until she stopped dead in her tracks, seeing her three-month-long girlfriend sitting on a bench, handcuffed. "Lau-Lauren?"

Lauren looked away from one of the officers and slowly grinned at her stunned girlfriend. "Hey Camz. I met your dad. He's a nice guy."

Camila felt panicked now, realizing why the voice in her fathers car sounded so familiar. "Oh no," she whined, covering her face. "You didn't."

"I did."

"Oh God Lauren I can't believe--"

"Camila?"

Camila jumped at the sound of her fathers voice, looking at him as he made his way towards the two girls. She quickly plastered a fake bright smile on her face. "Hi papi. I brought your dinner."

Alejandro looked at her and a smirking Lauren curiously, taking the brown paper bag from his daughter. "Thanks.. Do you know this girl?"

Lauren chuckled from her seat, grinning at Camila. "Yeaaah, she does."

Camila glared heatedly at her but she only raised her eyebrows. With a sigh, she looked at her father and smiled sweetly. "In.. a way."

Alejandro's eyebrows raised at each of their tones. "In what way, exactly?"

"In a way where we've seen each other naked." Lauren spoke up, causing Camila to choke on air.

"Lauren!" She sputtered in a panic.

Her fathers face went pale and his eyes narrowed at her, crossing his arms. "Karla. What does she mean?"

Camila's own face paled and she swallowed thickly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Uhm, I've been meaning to tell you, papi," she giggled nervously, only calling him 'papi' when she knew she was in trouble. "This is my girlfriend; Lauren."

Alejandro's eyes widened and he looked at Lauren, who was grinning at him by now.

"How'ya doin?"