Black Magic - Camila the Teenage Witch

SUMMARY: In witch (pun intended) sixteen-year-old witch, Camila, conjures up a love potion with the help of her aunt Hilda, and none from Dinah, to make Lauren, Softball Star, fall in love with her.

"Dinah, just look at her!" Camila wailed to her best friend, leaning back against her metal locker. Her lips were in a full pout as she stared across the hall at the object of her affection, Lauren Jauregui, captain of the softball team, debate team and their school's best singer. Also; Camila's current (from the time when she was thirteen) love interest.

Dinah glanced in the direction the small brunette was gazing at and chuckled to herself as she set her eyes on the black haired goddess, dressed in her usual black jeans, white t-shirt and leather jacket, laughing with her own friends.

"Damn Chanch, she ain't that great."

A red tint covered Camila's cheeks, she huffed in anger, pushing herself off metal and tearing her eyes off her crush, glaring at her tall friend. "You take that back, Dinah Jane! She is that great, and more!"

Dinah grinned at the frenzied brunette, snorting to herself. "If she's 'so great and more', go talk to her and ask her out."

Camila's face fell and she sighed to herself, turning back to look at the emerald eyed girl, her own eyes longing for her attention. "There's no point. She barely knows that I exist; I doubt she'll have romantic feelings for me."

The tall Polynesian nodded in agreement, leaning against the locker next to her open one. "Too bad you can't brew a love potion and have her drink it," she joked, however regretted it instantly when the older girls' eyes ignited up in anticipation. "Mila."

Camila merely grinned at Dinah, her eyes sparkling in excitement. "That's brilliant, Cheech! Oh my God, I don't know why I didn't think about it before!"

Unlike most teenagers her age, when Camila turned sixteen, instead of a car like the rest of her peers, she was gifted with magical powers, and later found out she came from a long line of witches. Different from her two aunts (whom she and her sister lived with) and younger eight-year-old half-sister (they shared a father, who was a witch himself, but not a mother), she was only half a witch. Not that she minded.

Dinah Jane Hansen was one of, if not the only of her friends, who knew about her magical background.

With a new bounce in her step, Camila pulled her backpack from her locker and bounded down the hall for the exit, shouting another 'thank you' to her best friend over her shoulder.

Dinah groaned, realizing what she had just done. "Aw, crap! Why can't I learn to keep my fabulous mouth shut?" she pouted at her reflection in the mirror that hung on the inside of her locker door. Sighing, she shut it and attempted to catch up with the small but energetic witch.

--

"Aunt Hilda, Aunt Zelda, I'm home!" Camila called out to her two guardians, stopping in the foyer of the Cabello household in disbelief with Dinah once she saw the mess of hundreds of toads leaping about the house. "Whoa, what happened here?"

Her aunt Zelda appeared from inside the living room with a huff, shaking her head. "Your Aunt Hilda tried to help Sofi with her magic; it did not go well." She waved her hand and they subtracted to five toads instead of five hundred. Sofi, being a full witch, got her powers at age eight instead of sixteen, a full eight years ahead of her older sister.

Sofia pouted at the subtraction spell and sighed, picking up two of the five and placing them in their tank.

Zelda smiled at her older niece as she ran a hand through Sofi's hair. "Now. How was school, sweetheart?"