Savage's Mimic Contingency

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION - August 3rd

10:09AM

Klarion marched down the bleach white hallway alongside Sportsmaster, absolutely fuming with rage.

He was hunched over, moving his arms emphatically, as he muttered words to himself that shouldn't be repeated.

Sportsmaster on the other hand, was perfectly calm, with the exception of the small, burning pains on his side from the helicopter crash that Desmond and his daughter caused a few days ago.

But watching a spoilt, sadistic brat like Klarion lose his sanity over a kid was so funny, he kept forgetting about the pain.

"Try and be a little more professional, will ya?" Sportsmaster berated.

Klarion scowled at him.

"Know your place, Sportsmaster..." he warned.

"I will, just as soon as you prove yourself worthy of yours."

Klarion growled angrily as they entered the room, but calmed down as soon as they entered the room before them.

The room was completely white, just like the hallway, but with a pale, blue floor and completely devoid of any technology except for six large TV screens.

A few seconds after they walked in, the screens turned themselves on. The screens were plastered with white, buzzing silhouettes.

"Welcome back, L-7." an imperative voice greeted Klarion. "And to you too, Sportsmaster. I trust your injuries are healing well?"

Sportsmaster shrugged.

"I guess so..." he replied. "But Artemis and that new kid really did a number on me..."

Klarion made a smug laugh.

"You are one to talk monsieur Klarion..." a robotic voice remarked. "Sportsmaster is only human, but you? A Lord of Chaos being beaten by a child?"

Klarion growled.

"Shut up, you stupid tin can!!"

The robotic voice chuckled, it's laughter thick with a French accent.

"My apologies. I was unaware that the universe scrapes the bottom of it's barrel to find it's Lords of Chaos..."

Red energy consumed Klarion's arms like a wildfire, until another voice warned him otherwise.

"Don't make a scene, child." a stern female voice warned. "Everyone has their off days."

Klarion looked up at the screen.

"Coming from a woman who does nothing but sit on her behind on a throne all day?!"

The voice didn't say anything, but Klarion could still tell she was angry.

"That is enough!" the imperative voice snapped. "We are here to discuss an issue, not create another one."

"About time!" Klarion scoffed. "I don't care about the meeting, just tell me when I can tear that damned copycat in HALF!!"

Sportsmaster seemed to agree.

"As much as I don't want to," he said. "I have to agree with the witch-boy. That kid with the copycat powers is becoming a liability..."

All the silhouettes seemed deep in thought.

"I concur." the female voice said. "His abilities have grown quickly and in only a few days, he has attacked members of the Light far too nonchalantly. I worry what he will be capable of should his powers reach their zenith..."

There were some murmurs of agreement, but also of disagreement.

"What's the matter, Bee?" a refined voice challenged. "Not a risk-taker?"

"I simply believe, Luthor, that all problems should be nipped in the bud before they have a chance to grow out of control."

Bee's silhouette seemed to be scowling.

"I think you aren't taking this seriously enough."

Luthor chuckled.

"When you have been in the business world as long as I have, my dear, you get a sixth sense in discovering good investments..."

"I agree with Luthor." an elderly voice said. "He is not completely dyed to the Justice League's colours. If he were to join us, he could prove a worthy soldier..."

All the silhouettes took their time to debate over what to do with Desmond, but all stopped when the silhouette on the centre screen began to chuckle.

"Savage?" Luthor asked.

"Do you all not see the grand opportunity presented to us?" Savage asked them.

Klarion looked up at the screen.

"Quit talking in circles, Savage." he snapped. "Explain!"

Savage waited a few seconds before explaining.

"The Mimic Contingency..."

All the jaws of the silhouettes dropped, even Sportsmaster's.

"That failed project?!" Luthor asked, barely concealing his panic.

"Indeed." Savage said. "I believe that this 'Desmond' boy will be perfect for it."

"How?" Sportsmaster asked.

"When I first created plans to defeat the Justice League, I began to realise that their victories were from their 'teamwork' and their powers, so I wondered to myself, what would happen if one individual with all their powers were to fight them?"

The silhouettes went quiet.

"This plan gave birth to creations like Dr. Ivo's Amazo and inspired others like Parasite, a plan I called 'The Mimic Contingency'. Sadly, Parasite also took on the League's weaknesses and Amazo proved too easily beaten."

Savage laughs.

"I was about to completely scrap the project..."

The others seemed ready to agree, but also seemed unconvinced or unsure of Savage's plan.

"But for this plan," Ra's began. "We will need to turn him away from the Justice League will we not?"

"Correct..." Savage said.

"But how will we accomplish such a task?" Bee asked worriedly.

"Worry not, Bee..." Savage chuckled. "Sooner or later, all beings see the Light..."

Savage rested his chin on the backs of his hand.

"Until then, be sure to keep a VERY close eye on the boy..."

The Light have got their sights set on Desmond! :o What will this mean for Desmond and the Justice League?! Will Savage be able to turn Desmond, despite the latter's strong resolve to stay with the Young Justice?!

SIX MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL PART III!! :D 

Be sure to comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed the chapter :D

- Kai-Shiro :D