Chapter 21

"Hey, I'm back," Seojun returned into the cafe, smiling and coming towards the counter where I was at.

Trying to keep a straight face, I kept quiet and passed him his drink. I just wanted to run out of the cafe, unfortunately Jinyoung wasn't around and I couldn't do that.

He took a sip of his drink, "Thank you, it tastes really good."

I just wanted to roll my eyes at him.

I faked a smile, "No problem, Seojun."

He looked stunned when I called him that. "I said I'm Kang Jooyoung," he lied, as if I'm still stupid enough to believe him.

"Oh, my bad," I responded, "You forgot your wallet earlier, Kang Jooyoung."

I handed his wallet to him, and I could tell he knew what was going on. He gulped, taking back his wallet, "T-Thanks."

We looked into each other's eyes for a moment, and he was basically trying to read my expressions.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Seojun, just get out."

His lips slightly parted, a little shocked at my sudden rudeness.

I couldn't bear seeing him around anymore, "You think I'm dumb to believe you? I know you're Seojun, so stop pretending you're someone else. You've been a liar ever since I knew you."

He stared at me, speechless, then he quickly looked elsewhere but me, and I just wanted to slap him so bad for what he had done to me back in high school.

"Hyejin, I'm... so sorry."
"I don't need your apologies."
"Would you atleast hear me out? I just--"

"SHUT UP! BEFORE I CALL MY MANAGER, YOU BETTER GET OUT NOW!" I lost control and started yelling at him, my eyes got a little teary. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the cafe at the moment.

He sighed, taking a glance at me with pitiful eyes, before turning around, heading out of the cafe.

This freaking bastard.

I thought Seojun was gonna stop seeing me, but I was wrong.

That day, at 6 in the evening after work, I just stepped out of the cafe and was about to ride my bicycle home. Unfortunately, he was actually waiting for me. He walked towards me and when I realised he was around, I wanted to quickly cycle off, but he stopped me just in time, standing in my way.

"What do you want, idiot?" I hissed at him, "You better leave right now or I'm calling the cops."

"Will you just listen to me once?" He questioned me, seemingly desperate.

I rolled my eyes, "Listen to what? Your lies?"

"This is why I lied," he sighed, "If you knew who I really am, you're gonna hate me for my past. Just look at you now."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's your point? You wanna be friends with me again? You wanna talk like nothing happened between us? I'm never forgetting your mistake."

"Neither will I forget yours," he said, "You made me into a rebound."

I gulped. He's challenging me into a debate, isn't he? "You said I could," I smirked, arrogantly.

"For the first time, yes," his eyes never left mine as he talked, "But the second time we got together, I knew you were using me again.

I really wish he could stop talking about it.

"Look, if you just want to come to me only to argue about the past, you should just leave. It's a waste of time, and I don't want to see you again," I said, waiting for him to move so that I could cycle off, but he stayed, standing there, blocking my way.