Laxus x Reader; Turning Tides [EDITED]

So! I'm back with a third one shot, I am very happy with how people have received the first two which makes me very happy. But in this one, dearest reader, you are a water-mage, the strongest ever seen.
Enjoy~. I HAD SOMEHOW LOST THE CONTENT THANK GOD I POST ON AO3 OTHERWISE ID BE FUCKED ENJOY AGAIN
--------------------------------------
Magic was sent flying across to (Y/N) as particular hammerhead, special living candle and breathing light-switch threw wave after wave of attacks at the unbelievably strong water-Mage.

Little did she know why they were fighting against her; Gajeel and (Y/N) were always doing this, being very good friends. Natsu was in this because fire and water don't mix and Laxus' reason... He proclaimed himself the strongest, and this woman wanted to beat his arse down into the dirt.

The (H/C) water-mage was dodging the dragon-slayers' attacks and successfully beat Gajeel and forced Natsu into conceding his effort for victory. By the end, it was (Y/N) vs Laxus - it felt like a battle to the death for half the guild whilst the other half went over to Cana to place bets on who would be the top-dog.

Laxus threw wave after wave of attacks which missed the (H/C) water-mage without fail. "Lightning dragon roar!" He screamed as the water-mage retaliated. "Water slicer!" This attack almost hit Laxus and his almost hit the (E/C)-eyed woman. 'Dammit! How am I meant to get her?!' He yelled inside his head. To his advantage, (Y/N) stopped for a breather. "Roaring Thunder!" He yelled, catching the other opponent off-guard.

The moment the (H/C) heard this, she tried to create a little safety bubble. "Water Lo—." She was cut off by the attack of the Lightning dragon-slayer. The electricity and the power of the attack left her body on the floor, twitching sporadically then eventually ending, leaving her passed out.

"Laxus!" He heard Mira yell. "Take her to the infirmary now!" He didn't want to see her demon form, not knowing what was going to happen if she did turn. He scooped the (H/C) under the knees and back, putting her on his shoulders and heading down the hall.

~30 Minutes Later~

He sat at the bar with a tankard of beer whilst listening to Mira rant and rave about how wrong it is to catch an opponent, friend especially, off-guard. "Mira..." He began, mumbling. "I feel awful, I didn't want to hurt her! I wasn't thinking! I was thinking about her and how gorgeous and strong she is and took the chance to get her!" The words rumbled from his mouth without even thinking.

Mira just smirked.

"So, Laxus has a crush!" She called, causing him to blush. "I don't have a crush! I lo--like her!" He looked at her, annoyed that she tried to get his feelings which he didn't know he even had. He left Mira to her fangirling and headed to the infirmary.

He saw that (Y/N) was still asleep and took the chance to look at her from the bedside. 'Gorgeous (H/C+H/L) locks, a body to die for and protect, a face that rivals the goddesses of old, even Mira and the personality of a saint... It always gives me butterflies." He thought to himself until (Y/N) mumbled his name in a half asleep daze.

She woke with a start, waking up from a rather... steamy dream about the one and only Laxus Dreyar. What shocked her more was the fact that he was next to her, smirking. "So, what was that about, little (Y/N)?" She heard his deep voice rumble, his voice clearly amused.

The heat on the water-mage's face grew and she buried her face in the pillow beneath her. "Oh god..." She groaned before burrowing deeper into the pillow. "Oh, (Y/N), that doesn't help either of us. It's enticing. I'd love to hear you say my name like that again." Laxus left the (e/c)-eyed water-mage and stopped at the door. "I'll get you at yours, seven P.M. Keep looking good." He walked out and left behind a flustered yet excited mage.
----------------------------------------------
I'm sorry that this is a couple pages shorter than the previous two, but I'm planning on the next character to be Gajeel! Fingers crossed that I can write that one well.
Ciao for now!
~FrozenBloodline
PS: Laxus was OOC until the end pretty much. Possibly even OOC at the end.