06 | Future-Telling Dream

Chapter Six

I see her.

A girl is running through Beacon Hills high-school. She's being chased. I can't see who is chasing her, but I can tell that the girl hasn't done anything wrong.

She hides behind a school bus, and holds her arm close to her. Her hand was cut off- no.

It wasn't cut off, it was burned off.

The girl runs in the school bus, and hides behind a seat.

She mutters something. "The sun, the moon, the truth."

She repeats the phrase, as the attacker enters the bus.

The attacker hears movement, and the girl swings at the attacker. She then takes off running until a truck swiftly pulls up in front of her.

"Get in! Come on, she's coming, get in." the driver shouts to the girl,

She hesitates, but ultimately gets in the car.

"Seriously? I can't believe you fell for that." the driver smirks.

The driver pulls out what looks like a knife, and he stabs the girl in the chest.

I gasp as I sit up in my bed. I run my hand through my hair and try to steady my breathing.

"Elizabeth! Are you up? You're gunna be late for school." Aunt Carol shouts from downstairs,

"Yeah- I'll be down in a minute!" I reply, looking around my room in fear.

What the hell was the dream about?

"It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded." Scott stated, placing the dead pool on the Sheriff's desk.

"Who found this list?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned.

"Lydia." Stiles bluntly responded.

"How?"

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realizing it." Stiles acknowledged.

"Banshee?"

"Banshee." Stiles confirmed.

"Beautiful. All right, what are these numbers next to the names?" Sheriff pointed to the list.

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." Stiles continued,

"Wait. You mean, like a- like a key word?" Sheriff Stilinski badgered.

"Actually, it was a name." I chimed in,

"Allison." Scott slowly spoke.

We all exchanged looks before continuing. "Her name broke a third of the list." I clarified.

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys." Scott added.

"Which will give us the rest of the names." Sheriff affirmed in understanding. "Okay, so how do we get the cipher keys?"

"Same way we got the code." Stiles addressed.

"Lydia. She's been at the lake house all weekend trying to get the other two key words- key names." I avowed.