Bucky Barnes- Boyfriend Named Bucky

"Hey, you know,"

Bucky's head snaps up at the sound of your voice. "Yes?"

"I have a boyfriend named Bucky. He's a real piece of work but I love him."

He smiles sadly. "Is that so?"

"And you know what? Every time he'd see me he'd call me Doll, when I'd tell him to call me (Y/n)."

"But you were happy, weren't you?"

You laugh lightly. "Yes, I was. I wish I could see him," you say with a frown.

Bucky sighs. "You can't see him?"

"That's right. Bucky's on a mission. I hope he comes back safely.."

"I'm sure that Bucky's doing well,"

You grin. "Yeah, I'm sure he's fine. It's just that he's so headstrong about saving everyone I'm afraid that he'll-" Tears trail down Bucky's cheek, making you pause. "Why are you crying?"

He shakes his head, standing and rushing to the door. "I'll come back tomorrow."

You're up early the next day, sobbing and clutching the pillow to your chest when Bucky steps into the room. When he sees your shivering form, he hurries to your side and asks what's wrong.

"I miss him," You whisper. "I miss Bucky, I want to see him!"

Anger bubbles up in Bucky's chest and then he's grabbing your shoulders and shakes you until you're looking in his eyes. "I'm right here!" He shouts, shooting up from the bed and running out the door.

You wake up the next day feeling refreshed. Turning your head, you see Bucky asleep with his head on the bed.

"Bucky," You whisper, reaching forward and nudging his shoulder.

His eyes slowly crack open, rubbing them sleepily as he yawns. He doesn't exactly remember how he had ended up sleeping in here, but you had been crying all night and- Bucky realizes with a jolt that you had called him his name and he looks at you in hope.

You raise a questioning eyebrow. "What's wrong, Bucky?"

His eyes widen. "Just now, what did you say?" Before you could answer, he's sputtering out another question. "Do you.. you know who I am?"

You frown. "What are you saying? Of course I do. You're Bucky, right?"

Tears spring to his eyes and he gently takes your face in his hands. "Yes, I'm Bucky, (Y/n). That's me."

"What does that even-"

He presses his mouth over yours, pulling away to squeeze you in a tight hug. "(Y/n).."

A little confused at his weird behavior, though you don't hesitant, you hug him back.

"You have dementia," Bruce Banner rubs his palms together nervously as you stare down at the tile floors. "It's very rare for anyone in your age to get it."

You nod sullenly. "Will I get better?"

He sighs. "I don't know. This is the first time you've regained your memories. It'd be great if you keep getting better, but unfortunately, I can't say for sure that you're recovered."

"I see.." You bite your lip to stop from crying. "So that's why, back there, Bucky was.."

"Let's call it a day. You should be getting back, (Y/n)."
_____

You softly shut the door of Bucky's room, finding him reading a book which he instantly puts down. "Welcome back," he says warmly. "How was your check up?"

You shrug. "He didn't find anything unusual expect for someone my age to get dementia.."

He nods and walks over to you. "We could go get something to eat if you're-"

You dive forward and hug him tightly, sniffing as you do so. "Sorry for making you worry."

"Don't be, (Y/n)."

"I'm just going to forget you, right?" You murmur once you two are on the bed. "Bruce had been telling me what's happening with my illness. What if, when the day ends and I wake up tomorrow, I'm not myself? I'd be hurting you again, right? When I think about that I can't help but be scared."

"To tell you the truth, I'm scared too." Bucky says softly. "I'm scared that you won't recognize me. But, you know, sometimes you just have to have a little faith."

And so, in the morning when you stir awake, Bucky greets you and you smile.

"Morning," You murmur back, and his chest tightens in hopes that you've remembered him. "What's wrong?"

"N-" Bucky shakes his head, rubbing at his eyes to wipe away the tears of relief. "Um, are you getting up? I'll go make coffee."

"Yeah, thanks."

You laugh softly as he gets up, and he turns back. "Something wrong?"

You grin. "No, I'm just happy. Because I get to see him soon."

Bucky freezes. "What?"

"He's coming back from a mission,"

"What are you.."

"Pretty sure he said he's arriving tomorrow or the day after tomorrow," You say happily.

"What in the world are you talking about?"

You giggle. "Oh, I didn't tell you? You see, I have a boyfriend named Bucky."