Chapter 9.

Sweet Ophelia by Zella Day

----------------------------------------------

"Three times," Laney all but shouted.

"Shh, Laney," I slapped a hand over her mouth.

We were currently in history class. I had told Laney about Lan and I's weekend together or at least some of it.

"Holy shit, Lee," Laney breathed out then looked me in the eye. "Are you...like okay?"

I laughed because no I wasn't okay. I was sore yesterday morning and today was just a dull ache but still.

"Just a little sore, Laney. No need to be concerned," I whispered.

"Well...he must have a big d-"

"Laney," I interrupted. "Shut up and finish your bellwork."

"Your no fun," she grumbled. I just smirked and continued to write.

-------------------------------------------

Okay, I may or may not have been avoiding Landyn the whole day. I was scared and a little embarrassed since the whole school basically knew that Lan and I finished the mating process.
The proof was in our mixed scents and Lans constant need to touch me.

Which I didn't mind.

The day was over, halls were empty and here I am trying to get my damn locker to open. Barely into the school year and I already forgot my code.

A hand lands on my hip and squeezes, effectively scaring the shit out of me. I scream and swing my algebra book to hit my assailant.

"Ow, Lee what the hell!"

I quickly recognize the shaggy dirty blonde hair and put a hand over my racing heart.

"Mike, you asshole. Don't sneak up on me like that," I hiss and clutch my book to my chest.

He chuckled and rubbed the side of his head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

I let out a breath and turned to my locker again, twisting the lock.

"Did you seriously forget your code again?" Mike asked while leaning against the locker beside mine.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Shut up okay. My memory is horrible."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"Can I please just put my book in your locker until tomorrow." I gave him the puppy eyes.

"Fine. Your lucky I'm just a hall over," he says before turning and walking towards B hall. Once we reach his locker and put my book in there, I sigh.

"Thanks, Mike," I smile. "I have to go, Lans waiting on me. I'll see your tomorrow, okay?"

He gives me one of his bear hugs and a
small smile before I start towards the exit.

As I turn the corner, a big dark figure leaning against the wall stops me in my tracks. I would have ignored it and kept walking but the glowing amber eyes told me exactly who it was.

"Landyn," I ask. "What are you doing?"

He slowly pushes off the wall and walks towards me. I stare at him curiously, wondering why he's so quiet.

"I was waiting for you," his voice gruff and deep. "You've been avoiding me all day and it's pissing me off."

Sucking in a breath, I look at his boots as they slowly advance toward me.

"I don't know how to get it through your thick skull, little mate."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Excuse me."

He's quick when he grabs my face and pierces me with his gaze.

"You were made for me," he says while stroking my cheek. "You belong to me," he threads his fingers through my hair, then yanks my hair back making me gasp and look into his amber orbs. "But if you so much as talk to another man, I'll punish you. Then you will sit and watch me kill him. Slowly." I knew he was serious. Alpha Landyn Westmen was always serious.

He was wrong though. I didn't belong to anyone but myself. I did something that surprised me and him.

I kneed him in the balls.

Lan was quick to grab them and let out a painful groan. Out of his grasp I turned and ran as fast as I could, knowing he was going to be beyond mad. I don't know why I did it honestly, he was scaring me and I panicked.

I flung myself out the front doors of the school and ran down the street, toward my parents house. It was fucking hot, my backpack was heavy and my lungs were burning but I kept my pace.

A roar was heard from behind me and I let a panicked cry slip from my mouth. Glancing behind me, I saw Lan break the front doors to the school and look either way, spotting me. I was full on sprinting now.

Shit, shit. SHIT. He's going to kill me.

I side tracked into the woods, hoping to hide out until he calmed down or gave up. I was standing behind a larger tree when I heard his heavy footsteps coming to a stop. He was close and I was trying to control my heavy breathing.

"Oh, LeeAna," Lan sang maliciously. No, that wasn't Lan, that was his wolf and by the sounds of it, he was pissed.

"Come out now and I won't hurt that pretty little face of yours," he growls.

I put my hand over my mouth when tears gather and I sob threatens to slip.

Just apologize and show a submissive attitude.

I take a deep breath and step out from behind the tree. His eyes pierced me right away. No white was seen in his eyes, they were completely black.

"Lan I'm sorry, okay. I panicked and ran. Please," I begged. "It won't ever happen again, I swear."

"Tsk tsk tsk, LeeAna,"he hissed. Using his speed, he grabbed my neck and slammed me into a tree. Pain shooting from my spine to the back of my head.

A cry left my lips. "You promised you wouldn't hurt me," my voice barely a whisper. He was chocking me.

He brought his face to mine until our nose touched. Black eyes seeing straight through me.

"No. I promised I wouldn't hurt your pretty face." His finger catching a tear from my cheek. "You deserve whatever punishment I give you, little mate." Sniffing my neck he quickly pulls back and growls, "You smell like that mutt."

I knew he was talking about Mike but I didn't get a chance to explain before he was dragging my towards his truck by my hair.

"Stop. Please," I cry out. It's was no use though because if Lans wolf was in charge, then I already know my night was going to be hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment please!