Sixteen: In Which She Took A Very Big Risk

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ B L A I R E ' S P O V ]

      Blood pound in my ears when we climb over the gate and I land on my two feet with the help of Jax. His fingers link with mine and he propels forward, tugging me along with him. I let him take me, because I'm really in no state to lead. My mind still spinning from what had just happened.

    I can't believe I got away with that. I can't believe it. The world has gone crazy.

    When we're finally out of range from the house, Jax slows down, pulls me behind some bushes, his hands gripping my body tight. Worry and concern both cross his face as he searches mine for answers. His eyes are bright, sharp, and they're staring at me, waiting for me to say something—anything.

    "What the fuck just happened?" He says, still trying to catch his breath. "Did you get caught?"

    "Yes," I murmur.

    "Fuck!" he hisses. "They're going to report you?"

    "No." I shake my head.

    "I knew you were going to get caught, Blaire. I told you that you shouldn't do this but did you listen to me? No—of course you don't. You never listen to anybody! Now you're going to go to jail and I'm just going to be left alone and-" He pauses for a while. "Wait. Did you just say 'no'?"

    I nod. "No. They're not going to report me, Jackson."

    "What?" The disbelief that crosses his face is almost humoring.

    With shaky fingers, I slide my phone out of my hoodie and I show him the picture. His eyes widen out of shock when he sees it.

    "What is this?" He breathes.

    "When I went upstairs, I realized that I wasn't alone," I say, sliding the phone back into the pocket of the hoodie. "I found Mr. Jenkins lounging in bed together. And the woman he was in bed with is definitely not his wife."

    Jax lets out a low laugh-a mixture of disbelief and shock.

    "They hadn't spotted me yet since they were too... preoccupied so I took that opportunity to snap some pictures," I say, feeling a smile creeping on my cheeks. "I guess I wasn't fast enough. The woman caught my eye and she screamed but I pulled my dagger from my boot and aimed it straight at her before she could even say anything."

    "I may have told Mr. Jenkins that I was going to send those pictures to his wife if he didn't give me what I wanted. I also told him that if he dared to file a police report about it, the pictures would go straight to Mrs. Jenkins,"I tell him. "And he said he'd give me money to make all of it go away. I told him I would happily take it."

    "Fuck, Blaire," Jax curses under his breath. "Shit, Blaire. This-this is insane."

    "No, this is," I unhook the bag from my shoulders and unzipped it, then showed him the contents. "Three grand, Jax.  Three grand of cold hard cash, right here."

    "Why didn't you ask for more?"

    "I didn't think he was going to give more to me." I shake my head. "I thought it was a fair deal. My silence in exchange for three grand and his silence."

    "You're crazy." He tells me. "This is crazy. Absolutely fucking crazy."

    "I know. I'm having a hard time believing it myself."