Chapter 8; Sleepover

--WARNING--
(This chapter contains truck loads of feels and sad crying scenes! You will need a box of Kleenexes! Proceed cautiously. You have been warned.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What about this room?" Tony asked the little girl as he opened the door and flipped on the light switch.

Maggie examined the medium-sized room with an open mind. She liked it. It had a queen-sized bed in the center of the far wall. And a small closet to the right. Two nightstands stood on both sides of the bed, and an admen sat a the foot of the bed.

She walked into the room and sat on the admen. A dull grey color was painted on the walls and white carpet on the floor. A big window over her bed had white curtains closed over.

"I like this room." She shrugged as she took off her pink backpack.

"Good cuz you were gonna sleep here anyways." Tony muttered the last part under his breath.

Maggie set the bird cage on the dresser and turned back towards Tony.

"So my room is right down the hall. I....uh, well, goodnight." He coughed and left the door open and walked away.

"Tony, wait!" Maggie flew off the footstool and towards the door.

Tony stopped and turned to face her. "What?"

"Aren't you gonna tuck me in?" She asked him with big puppy dog eyes.

Tony groaned. This was the hard part about being a parent, so he was told. Knowing when to say "no," to your child. He paused and hesitation swirled around in his deep, brown eyes.

"Nope, goodnight." He shut the door on her.

She frowned and walked back over to the bed. She unzipped her backpack and got out her teddy bear. She took off her shoes and set them down beside the bed. She got under the covers and snuggled in.

"J.A.R.V.I.S.?" She called out to the AI, hoping he could hear her.

"Yes, Miss?" His British accent asked.

"Could you turn on a nightlight for me?" She asked him shyly.

"Of course, Miss." He replied and the light overhead dimmed as a light somewhere to her right flicked on. The light cast an orange glow over her bedroom.

"Thank you,"

"Your welcome. Goodnight, Miss Stark."

"Goodnight, J.A.R.V.I.S." She mumbled and snuggled into a ball, laying on her right side.

She noticed a digital high-tech clock beside her on the nightstand. The glowing green numbers read 9:26.