MTMR chapter 6

Chapter 6*

January 2012

Who was it, do you think, made it that the further you got to the equator the hotter it got? Because, right now, I was really hating their guts. We had been in South America for a week now, and I was not enjoying it. Every time I looked forward to the next location possibly being a few degrees cooler than the last, it just got a few degrees hotter. I mean, all the places we had been to and all the cities we passed through were breathtakingly beautiful, but you couldn't enjoy it all when it was one hundred and ten degrees outside during the day and ninety-eight at night. And it was the beginning of January!

"How many more shows do you guys play here?" I asked as the guys got ready for a show one day. We were on the bus outside of the venue, so it was nice and air-conditioned in here, but the second we were to step outside we basically got roasted by the sun's rays.

"Including today?" Jinxx asked, holding out the paint and sponge he used for me to help him with the stripes. I nodded as I got up and helped him out. "Thirteen."

I groaned. "Fabulous. Because I just love being cooked alive."

Andy came over and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Just think, thirteen more shows and we'll be in rainy England."

"Well, when you put it that way..." I trailed off, liking the sound of nice cool water on my skin and dark puffy clouds in the sky. Maybe I could get through this.

After a few minutes, I was done with Jinxx's paint and I was sitting on the couch next to Sammi, who had her cell phone in her hand. She was on the internet looking up wedding dresses.

"You get service out here?" I asked, surprised and outraged at the same time. I have had zero cell phone service whatsoever since we got here. How the *heck* did she have internet?

"Yeah, but just in this spot," she said, a concentrated look on her face. "If I move even five inches it goes away. This is the first time I've had it since we've been out here."

"Dude! I cannot wait to get to Europe now!" I complained. Sammi shot me a look as if to say, 'Yeah, tell me about it.'

"If you ladies are done complaining, we have a show to attend to," CC said, offering his hand to the both of us. I took it begrudgingly and Sammi basically slapped his hand as he helped us out of our seats.

I was tempted to run from the bus to the venue doors, but I realized it would just make me more hot, however quicker I would get to an air-conditioned room. So, Sammi and I walked at a leisurely pace which actually seemed better than if we had run into the venue. When we finally go there, we were blasted with a wind of cool air and it felt amazing.

Sammi and I were working merch tonight, so we set up the tables while the guys held soundcheck. It was only an hour until showtime and I could hear the people outside that were lined up and waiting to get it.

My cell phone rang and the default tone played. When I saw the caller ID I immediately answered.

"What's up John? Are the babies okay?" I asked, wondering why he would call. Right now he was on the bus with Alesana and Andrew since he said I could have the night off from parenthood. That wasn't really possible, but I appreciated the notion. He had said that he would let me have fun while he looked after my babies.

"Yeah, they're fine," he reassured, hearing the slight panic in my voice. "I just thought I'd call to tell you they woke up."

"Okay, thank you. Neither of them are crying, are they?"

"No, they're fine."

"Alright, just feed them and I'll be back in before the guys play to check in," I said, holding the phone between my shoulder and my ear while I got more things out on display.