Chapter Nineteen

I love birds, and I'm sure most people do too. But there comes a time when you hate them, and that was right now. They were chirping like the house was on fire or something, it was loud, annoying and I just wanted to sleep.

"Shut up," I muttered trying to roll onto my stomach and felt something that I knew wasn't the bed. What the-

Opening my eyes I stared into a muscular chest, since when did teddy grow to be a, wait, Oh not again.

I lifted an arm that was somehow draped around his neck rubbing my eyes and gave up lying back down. It took too much effort and I couldn't even see the sun up yet. Or maybe the curtain was blocking it, in my defense, the sun isn't up till it stops moving. Which is noon. Thus I'm going back to bed,

Turning on my side I snuggled back into my spot closing my eyes. I mean he was asleep right? So he won't mind if I just pretended he was my teddy for a while.

What don't tell me you never had a teddy you used to huddle in bed, I may be over two decades but I still liked my teddy bears. That reminded me, I needed to get them out so I could name them.

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked up to see Darius looking down at me, his eyebrows knotted.

"What to name my teddies," I said before I could help it and then froze. He broke into laughter and I glared, "Hey what's wrong with having teddy bears, just cause you have no childhood," I snapped shaking my head the movement causing my hair to tumble into my mouth.

I gagged spitting most of it out, "Yuck," I muttered. As lovely as hair smelled, I didn't really want to have it for breakfast.

I heard a loud bang downstairs and groaned, the parents were up. But then again they were always up. I shuddered just thinking what they had planned for us today.

I closed my eyes sighing as I felt something on my cheek. I opened my eyes frowning at Darius, "I'm trying to sleep," I said as he tried getting the hair of my face.

"You know if you eat your own hair they'll have to cut you open to get it out?"

I narrowed my eyes, no they didn't. Did they? I always remembered my father telling me not to suck on my hair, yes bad child hood habit but I was only human after all, and he used to tell me the hair would choke you inside. Tucking it behind my ear my eyes met his and for the second time in twenty-four hours I felt the same tug inside of me.

That weird feeling you can't quite explain. And just like last time, it ended just as quickly as it began.

The door burst open and we both jumped apart, I going under the covers and Darius sitting up. The smell of strong horrible smell told me it was my mother, once again putting way too much perfume then needed.

"Is she still sleeping? Wake her, or she will sleep like that for all of eternity if you let her,"

I frowned, I would not! Okay fine i would but who wouldn't? When you're asleep its like..life's nearly perfect.

"I'm awake," I said peeping out of the sheets.

"Well get ready, we're heading back today," she said.

I frowned already?

But then it had been a week, well with the end of the night it would be a week but the journey it self took a while. I sighed thinking about the routine back home. This week was near perfect, near, but going back would change things again. The ringing of Darius's phone confirmed that.

He was going to go back to work and I was going back to my 'housewife' duties by sitting like a porcelain doll.

"We're leaving soon, Hurry up Ivory,"