Attraction

The Next Day - 10: 22 am

"Got something on Steven," Detective Valens opens a file "Just like we thought, arrested for bar fights, drunk driving and a assault on a cop for getting arrested."

"Quite a reputation to have" Detective Rush looks at the file with Detective Valens "Not something to be happy about from the look of his mugshot. Where's he now?"

"According to here, Steven worked as a driller but lost it due to his arrest. The only thing in his file is an address to the new job he has right now"

11:01 am

"Steven, yeah he works here but today is his day off" A woman by the name Ms Carter tells Detective Rush and Detective Valens

"Any idea where he could be at right now?" Detective Rush asks

"Home or the church. He volunteers there to help out with the children and Father Will. Some times to pray."

11:15 am

The sound of the bell at the church rang eight times as both Detective Rush and Detective Valens arrived at the church to see a man talking to a priest and a few kids entering the church then the priest goes inside the church.

Both Detective Rush and Detective Valens walked up to the man

"Steven Jacob"

He turns around to face them "Yes that's me"

"Detective Rush, my partner Detective Valens, we'd like to ask you a few questions"

Steven crosses his arms "Depends on what you're asking"

"Y/N Y/L/N, died in 1992. Do you remember her?"

Steven clears his throat and uncrosses his arms "Y/N Y/L/N, yeah I remember her. We were cool with each other."

"Funny because we heard some thing different from bartender Buster"

"Yeah, what's your point?" Steven raises an eyebrow

"You had a thing for her but she turned you down since she wasn't in to you that way."

"What does that have to do with Y/N being dead?" Steven raised his voice

"She rejects you, you want revenge so you kill her. Do the math" Detective Rush tells him

"You got it all wrong. Yeah Y/N rejected me and I was pissed off but I was drunk when I was pissed off."

"Where were you the night Y/N was killed?" Detective Rush asks him

"Home, dealing with my wife at the time and taking care of the kids so they see me as a good dad for their lives."

"Except the father of the year good for you"

"Hey, I'm clean with drinking and got myself more in to my kids' lives"

"Doesn't mean you won't get away with murder?"

" I didn't murder anyone alright? In fact, Y/N should've been careful to what she set her eyes on"

-Flashback-

Y/N was in the middle of writing some thing when Steven showed up

"What you got there?"

Y/N hides what she is writing "Nothing"