Chapter six.

‘See you, on Friday!’ I called as I adjusted my spectacles. It was raining outside so I decided to take a taxi, which I had already called for.

My mother’s head poked out. ‘But, aren’t you supposed to needle-sew with me?’

I frowned. ‘It’s Monday and I have school to attend.’

It was her turn to frown. ‘Really? Aw, come on. Just skip and stay at home with me.’ She pleaded shamelessly.

‘No, Mum, stay at home and get over your drunken state.’ I clutched my backpack and walked out of the house, expecting to see a yellow car with an old man in the driver’s seat.

Instead, I saw a sleek metal gray Audi. I cocked my head to the side slowly, raising my eyebrows. Have the car model and colour for taxis change? I think not.

A boy my age was leaning against the car, his arms folded. His hair glinted against the sunrays and his eyes were in a shade of emerald green this time. He was not looking at me though; he was looking at the mansion.

I descended the steps warily into the drizzling surrounding; thinking where in the world was my cab. He caught sight of me and immediately took a slim, silver box. A flash went off, and suddenly I realized what was going on.

‘Liam Jones! What do you think you’re doing?’ I stomped to him and attempted getting hold of his phone. Liam reached his hand up so that I couldn’t reach it.  Boys and their height…

‘Come on, Liam! Delete that!’ I cried as I jumped, trying to reach the stupid phone. I groaned as I suddenly had cramps in my thighs.

‘Giving up already, Emma? Aw, you’re no fun.’ He faked pouting.

I narrowed my eyes. ‘Whatever. Now can you please leave? I have a cab to wait for.’

‘Isn’t he here already?’ Liam cocked his eyebrow up and spreading his arms.

Oh… Wait, what? ‘Huh?’ I whispered pathetically.

‘I told the driver to move along because you’re coming with me. And don’t try to say no, because one, I have something to blackmail you with now, and two, we’re going to be late for school if you don’t get moving.’ Liam opened the door for me. I thought of running away and locking him out of the house. Staying with a drunken Mum seems to be like a nice idea somehow…

But the weather was not in my favor and it began pouring ever-so heavily. Not thinking twice, I jumped in the car. I heard Liam chuckling as he closed the door and made his way into the other side, before hoping in.

I blasted the heat as we drove out of the driveway. Fred wave goodbye and I returned with him one, smiling.

Awkward silence screamed in the car and my forehead got more scrunched up by the second. Uncomfortable, I tried finding a song on the radio. The tune of Give It Up boomed into the car and I smiled. Awesome.