Chapter 7: You Don't Know Me

(If you are confused, just remember that whenever I do not say who's Point of View it is, it will be Emma's. I will let you know, like I did in previous chapters, if it is anyone else. Sorry for any confusion. On with the story!!)

"Emma, would you mind coming over and watching the girls for a little while I run to the market?" Jay called me mid-afternoon the day after Connor and I had our first fight. I don't really know what was going on with him, but I was afraid and I still am. He hasn't texted or anything since, so I'm really confused on where we stand. I don't want to break up. I like having a boyfriend. Connor is great, he was just angry. No big deal; everyone gets angry. Louis did, and so did Connor. Does that mean I have to forgive Louis too? No. I know Louis. Plus he directly said he wanted nothing to do with me, that's worse than what Connor did. Okay, my conscience is better now.

"Sure, but what about Louis? Isn't he around?" I wondered. Why would she ask me to watch the girls if Louis was still there... "Oh he is, but I don't know if he can handle them all at once. Think you'll be able to do it? I'll pay you,” she pleaded. I guess she has no faith in her son, but then again, who does? "Sure. But I don't need to be paid. I'll be over in a little bit." I said before Jay quickly ran off to fix the twins' lunch. I got up from the comfy couch situated in the middle of my living room and hopped upstairs. I felt good today, for some odd reason. Most days were sad and gloomy, but today seemed better. I turned a corner and walked into my closet, finding a burgundy "Dope" hoodie and some shorts. I slipped them on and tied my hair into a messy bun, not bothering to dress up, especially since my mother wasn't around to mess with me.

I crossed the street quickly. It being summer, the sun was shining and it was actually quite warm out for Doncaster. Perhaps we could go swimming soon. Even outside the Tomlinson's house I could hear the girls screeching as the doorbell rang. Seconds later, Fizzy appeared with a smile on her face, the twins following behind. I walked in and greeted the girls including Lottie who was on her phone. Jay quickly ran in with her purse in hand, saying goodbye to the girls and hello to me before walking out the door. I turned back around and smiled at the girls. They always made my days fun, even if the second I got home I passed out from exhaustion.

We started to play some Wii video game and I watched on the couch while the girls swung their arms around, keeping their eyes locked intently on the screen. I felt the couch cushion deepen and I glanced over to my right to see Louis sitting on the other end. He flashed me a soft smile and a sent him one back. I had no idea what he meant by that, but I decided to be nice about and not the usual bitch that I am.

The girls played for a little while before deciding to watch some movie I had never heard of. I put it on for them and their screams died down as the theme music began. I tried watching it, but it was so stupid and cheesy that I couldn't. I decided to escape to the bathroom for a quick minute, quietly getting up from the couch so the girls, who were lying on the floor in front of me, wouldn't notice.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked when I was literally inches away from the bathroom's door handle. Damn, so close. I turned back around and saw Louis standing about two inches away from me. How did he expect me to breathe with him this close? I nodded my head and we headed off to his bedroom. I walked in and sat at his desk chair. He followed in, closed the door, and sat on the bed. I expected him to say something, but he didn't, which made the first few minutes very awkward. He just looked at me, and the rest of the stuff in his room. Like he just wanted to escape the movie. But hey, I would rather do that than talk.

"Do you have something to say or not? Cause I'm supposed to be watching your sisters." There's the bitchy personality of mine. Sorry, I couldn't hold it in much longer. He cleared his throat and paused for a moment, as if thinking of something to say. Really though, had he not planned this out in that tiny little brain of his? "Do you love Connor?" he finally asks quietly. Okay, not really what I expected. But I had pressured him once or twice about Eleanor, so I guess it's fair for him to do it to me. "I don't know, maybe. He's really great. I just need more time to think about it. I don't plan on breaking up with him anytime soon, though." I said, and it was true. I didn't plan on breaking up with Connor. Maybe not for the reasons I told Louis, but still.