Chapter 2: The Last Piece

Chapter 2

The Last Piece

||Manhattan, New York||

*Percy Jackson Point of View*

It's been 4 days since I've left camp and I've been staying at a fancy hotel. For free. A few months before I left for the quest, I asked Chiron to teach me how to manipulate the mist on my free time and thankfully it did or I'll be on the streets today.

Even in the safety of my solidarity, I couldn't break down. I couldn't let go because if I did, I would never be able to stop. I wandered around New York City, hands in my pocket as I leisurely walked; watching people go onto their busy life not noticing what the real truth around them.

I'm on my way to visit my mom. The last time I saw her was before I left for my quest. She was pregnant then, I wonder if she gave birth already. For the first time since it happened, excitement flared up inside me. The thought of having a little brother gave me hope. They're the only ones I have left.

The thought of seeing them again made me forget about my walk and just traveled to the house.Paul and Mom bought a bigger place when they got married. Perfect for a family. I stood in front of the white door, nervously before knocking. I heard footsteps coming and soon enough, Mom's smiling face greeted me. Her hair in a messy bun and she's wearing a dress.

Once she recognized me, her smile faltered before going back up. I frowned.

"Hey, Mom" I greeted, nervously rubbing the back of my neck. I feel like something's wrong. Like, things just closed off on me, that I'm not welcome anymore. But that's just my imagination right?

"Percy! You're back!" she exclaimed, pulling me in a hug. I hugged her, wanting to feel her warmth and her much-needed comfort. I didn't let go until a few moments later. "Honey," she said, worriedly "Are you okay?"

I smiled shakily and nodded. Somehow, I didn't have the heart to tell her. "Can I see him?" I asked her.

She nodded, a second later and disappeared inside. I noticed she didn't even invite me in. Why?Moments later, a smile appeared on her face and in her arms hold a bundle of cloth as she handed him to me. I took him, carefully afraid that I might drop him and break him.

Once I had him in my arms, his blue-green eyes stared at me before smiling and cooing. I laughed, holding out my finger for him to hold. It barely covered it. A trecherous tear fell down and landed on his cheek. I smiled. "Hey, little guy." I said, he cooed again. By some miracle, a piece of what was shattered and burned, melted. I turned to Mom who had tears in her eyes, "What's his name?"

"Evan." She answered before taking him away from me. I was hurt, but I tried not to show it. She bit her lip, uh-oh. "Percy, listen," she started. "I don't mean this the wrong way, but I think it's best if you don't see him."

And just like that, the last thread, the last hope and happiness I cling to was pulled under me. "Why?" My voice broke as I asked the questioned.

Mom's blue eyes teared up, "I want him to have a normal mortal life and you being close to him could endanger him, Percy. I'm sorry. I just want the best for both of you. I hope you'd understand. You know I love you, right?"

I took a step back like I've been slapped in the face. I knew. Even without her saying it, I knew the meaning behind it. She wanted me to stay away from them. From her and her new family. I get that since I bring danger to all. Everything was my fault. I know that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. She wanted me to leave. Of course, I want the best for them. For my little brother that I will never get to see grow up. If that's what they want, then so be it.

Tear clouded my vision, the urge to scream crawled in my throat, but I pushed it away. I nodded cleared my throat, hoping I don't sound like an earthquke over came me. "Can I at least hold him? One last time." I pleaded.

She reluctantly gave him back to me. I held the bundle of joy in my arms and smiled. He brightened up. "Hey, Evan." I told him. "I'm your big brother, Percy Jackson. I'm sorry that I'll never see you grow up, and I'll never be there for you. I'm sorry. I bring danger to everyone, and I want you to be safe so I have to go." I forced down the sobs about to come in. "Grow up perfectly and wonderfully, okay? Be good to Mom and Paul. Just know that even if you don't know me yet or you'll never get to meet me, I'll always be there for you. I'm so sorry, Evan Blofis." I kissed his forehead before handing him back to Mom.

She looked to me with tear-filled eyes, "Percy....."

I shook my head, managing a smile through a blurry vision. "I understand, Mom. I'll leave." I said, "I'm sorry for everything."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Percy."

"No, I get it. Everything is my fault. The wars, why you don't want me anymore. Why Annabeth cheated on me or why others hate me. Everything is my fault."

"Percy, what happened?"

"It's fine, Mom. I'm leaving. Can you do me one more favor?" She nodded, "Tell him about me," I told her, "Tell him that he has a big brother that cares for him." I stepped towards them and kissed her softly in the cheek, "Goodbye, Mom."

Tears finally fell down, just as I heard her call my name before I vapor traveled out of there and deep in the forest. I sank to the ground and without my permission, the dam I kept well close and untouched opened.

Everything, and all at once crashed down on me.

A screamed clawed its way out of my throat and out into the open. A painful, sorrowful scream that echoed in the forest. I cried for everything that has happened to me. From the very first time, I realized that I was a demigod. I cried for every single thing.

I cried.

And cried.

A tearful, sobbing mess on the forest ground floor. Tears fell down like a never ending stream, my heart aching and burning until it was all into ashes.

I howled until the moon rose up in the sky, until it fell down back to sleep and when the sun kissed the horizon.

I cried until I was nothing.

When I stood up, I was breathless and a mess surrounded by nature. The sounds all around me did nothing to comfort me. Nothing can.

I was empty.

That's when the last piece of Percy Jackson fell apart and everything inside me broke beyond repair.

~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I do not own everything, except for the things I had made. Credits belong to Rick Riordan.

Did you guys hear?!?!?! There will be another series with Percy again!!!!!!!!! YASS!! I can't wait for it. And it's with Apollo, the god of bad haikus! AHHHHH!!! It takes place after Blood of Olympus which means we get to see what happened after the war. I hope Rick does that! Yay!

Thank you, Uncle Rick!!!!!!!

So, I should warn you guys that this story would move a bit slower since I want more things for it. So please be patient with me:)

Also, for now the updates would be irregular but once I get enough chapters in and read I'll have an update schedule, I think.

This chapter is dedicated to: book_infestation for the comment and support!

I hope you like this chapter even if it's really sad. Thank you for reading and hope you keep supporting it.

Don't forget to vote and comment (fan, maybe?)

Have a wonderful day!

-----Leanne xo