CHAPTER ELEVEN

Upon entering the Great Hall as they were told, Eleanor along with the other students, saw that the Gryffindor House was already there

Upon entering the Great Hall as they were told, Eleanor along with the other students, saw that the Gryffindor House was already there. It seemed everyone was looking for answers as the whispering began and as Eleanor looked across the way, she could see the Weasley twins among the crowds. They looked wide awake, as most of the other Gryffindor students, and before she could even start to question what was taking place, Professor Dumbledore decided to make an announcement.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," he began. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately,"

Of course, his vague explanation only left everyone with more questions than answers.

"Oh, yes," Professor Dumbledore said before facing them once more, "you'll be needing..."

With a wave of his wand, the tables of the Great Hall parted and were placed against the walls. And with another wave, the floor suddenly became littered with large, purple sleeping bags for all the students.

"Sleep well."

As the Headmaster left on a casual note, Eleanor couldn't help the turning sensation in her stomach. It seemed exciting for the four houses to have what appeared to be a large slumber party of sorts, but the only thing Eleanor was focused on was the fact that the professors and Dumbledore were conducting a search of the castle for the safety of the students.

What exactly were they looking for?

"Ugh, where is Cedric with the gossip when you need him?" Marnie asked, dragging Eleanor out of her thoughts. "He's usually the first to know what's going on."

With a quick look around the room, Cedric appeared to be busy comforting a few first years that looked terrified. Not wanting to get in the way of his prefect duties, Eleanor looked across the way again to see Fred and George talking to Lee Jordan.

"Wait here, Marnie," she said," I'll be right back."

Making her way across the Hall, Eleanor approached the Weasley twins and Lee a few moments later. All three seemed surprised by her quiet greeting as she came to stand in front of them.

"Pinch me, George, I must be dreaming," Fred said, "or maybe my eyes are deceiving me- "

"Save it," Eleanor said with a tired sigh, "I'm not here on behalf of either one of you or your pranking. I was just wondering if you know what's going on. When we came in here, you all were here first and I would think since Slytherin and Hufflepuff are closest to the Great Hall, if we were all alerted, we would have been the first. Makes me think something happened in Gryffindor."