Chapter 5

****Hi! thanks to everyone who is sticking through these rough few chapters but the next chapter it really gets good, I hope. I've been really busy with swimming, it was our senior's last home meet, I swam a 27.6 in my 50 freestyle, I got a bad score in diving, and I had to be a "mom" for about 2 hours for a senior boy, but that's a long story and I don't want to bore you. So let's go back to the story. This is also a bit of a filler chapter so I'm sorry if you guys are tired of them, but I need to develop the plot so it isn't just a five chapter story. So thanks for staying with me and I hope this is the last chapter you feel that way. Please always remember to COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! Enjoy!!****

Picture above is Jasper

*********************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

I followed Luna Viviana down the long foyer that ended at a large set of French door. She grabbed the handles and pulled. The doors swept open and we were engulfed with light.

I blinked a few times and entered the room, It was brightly lit by a crystal chandelier and the walls were adorned in bring, neutral tones, which seemed to triple in brightness as the light bounced off the color. There were two lavish midnight blue couches facing each other and a matching chair with craved wood legs in between, a large table made from rich brown wood was placed in the center with an arrangement of flowers in a dove white ceramic vase.

I followed Jasper in, who swallowed nervously at the sight of the many antiques placed around the room like the large grandfather clock, the small tables, the woven carpet with millions of hand-stitched designs, the giant harp in the corner, and the shiny black grand piano tucked away by the windows which were covered by heavy-looking drapes held back by a gold rope. Extravagant was too light of a term for this room.

"Viviana, this room is simply impeccable," Marie beamed, her gaze wandering from art to art. Viviana let a small smile slip onto her face, but it held nothing but pride.

"Yes this room does have that special ring to it does it not? This is our drawing room, my mate has asked us to wait here as they discuss their politics; won't you sit?"

"Yes, thank you. Aris, Jasper, will you not stand so awkwardly in the corner?" Marie called to us, her voice was light but she was underlying a different message: 'act friendly'.

I took a breath and took a few steps, my heels clicking on the wood but falling silent on the carpet and lowered myself onto the couch. I sank into what I think was velvet and Jasper took the chair, his hands folded strangely in his lap.

"You are the Gamma, correct?" Viviana suddenly asked. I looked up, shocked but nodded.

"Yes, I was given the title after I lost my mentor when I was 18 in the Rogue Seige." I hated going back to that day, the second time I was left alone.

"You said you are mateless, correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"How old are you?" She pressed. Uh-oh, she was like Alpha Bane, she liked to push people. I cleared my throat and straightened.

"21 since August, ma'am."

"Age 21 and no mate? Strange, your wolf must be very restless, our female wolves cannot wait to complete the mating process, mine even took initiative when I met my mate, have you not searched for yours?"

I grited my teeth behind my mask, was she implying that I should want to submit to some possessive wolf? Everyone who knows me knows that I don't submit to anyone but my Alpha, my alliance to him and my pack and myself, not my mate.