Chapter 17

Hello guys, i told you I will update soon, so here it is. You're gonna love this chapter! :D

Please vote, comment and read my Harry fanfic too. :)

Dedicated to all of my readers. :) I love you so much and thanks for 2500 reads! :))

Chapter 17

Lacie’s POV

I didn’ have time to take back Emma’s car next day, so after all I only decided to take it back one week later, but she didn’t mind.

As I drove over to her house, I went in Starbucks too. I only stopped working there about two months ago, still it seemed so long ago. As I stepped in, tears filled my eyes and everything seemed so familiar, like when going into your old home you lived in all your life.

After a few minutes, as I stepped in, our cook saw me and stopped what he was doing surprised.

„It’s Lacie! Everyone, it’s Lacie!” he shouted and ran to hug me, and soon everyone else I knew came too, and for a few minutes we sared big hugs and kisses.

Then everyone went back to work, after serving me a free cup of coffe, because they had to serve their guests. I sipped my coffee at the counter, talking with everyone while they served the people. Suddenly all of my friends stopped talking and looked at someone behindme.

„W-what is it?” Iasked a bit confused and smiling, but as I saw who stood behind me, my smile faded instantly.

It was Liam Payne.

He looked at me for a few seconds full of pain, and maybe – though I didn’t wnat to admit- angrily. Then he totally ignored me, and standing next to me asked for a sandwich.

I felt my face burn and stood there next to him helplessly, cautiously pulling my hand away from him, so we couldn’t even touch accidently. Everyone did their work silently. I felt the urge to say something, because I hated too big silence, and because I wanted to tell Liam that I wanted to go to their concert, but couldn’t.

„Umm, hey...” I said looking at him, but he didn’t look back.” I got your letter...” I said.

„Really?” he asked sarcastically. This made me even more helpless and I cracked my fingers nervously.

„I-I wanted to go, but...” I started.

„But what?” he looked at me pulling his eyebrows up. This wasn’t going out like I planned at all.

„I got in a car crash and couldn’t come!” I said bursting out.

„Really, well it seems to me you’re perfectly fine!” he said.” I don’t believe that no bus or taxi came...” That was harsh. Did he want me to kill myself in an accident to prove?!

„Well, then don’t believe me!” I said angry now too.” If you missed me so much why didn’t you take me there yourself?”

„Because I didn’t miss you. I just thought I’d be nice and give you a chance” he said.

„Well, I didn’t ask for a chance!” I said not knowing what to say. I never was the time to come out winning in an argument. Everyone was looking at us wide eyed.

„And anyway I don’t even believe you don’t work here anymore, you just didn’t want to meet me.” he said calmly but tensed.

„I’m not working here, I just came to visit, and I did want to read and read your letter!” I said.” You never believe anything!” I threw at him.

„Well, maybe I would’ve believed you if you told me your name in the first place!” he said angrily then looked at me a little softer.” I still don’t know your name...”

„Lacie Campbell...” I said and for a second he seemed to smile a little, but then he looked at me as he did before.” Now you know it.” I said.

„See... it wasn’t so hard...” he said, a twinkle in his eyes.

„It was, when you were a famous celebrity and I had no idea what would you think of me if you knew who I was!” I said painfully.

„Did you know me as such a person?” he asked softening with each sentence.

„I... had no idea...” I said.” I wanted to tell you that day... but I didn’t want to get hurt ever again...” my voice cracked.

He was silent for so long I got afraid I said something really bad and was about to burst out in tears.

„S-say something...” I whispered.

Then he came closer to me and whispered in my ears, myking me termble.

„I wish I could wipe away all the pain I ever caused you...” he said then slowly cupped my face and kissed me.

It was an electrifying moment, and it felt so right, pouring sudden peace and happiness in my body, still, I must admit, it wasn’t my best kiss ever, but it was my first. And it was a kiss I knew I will never forget.

As I pulled away I looked up at Liam, then bursted out in tears, both laughing and crying. I was afraid, I must look terrible, but Liam didn’t seem to mind and pulled me in a hug, stroking my hair.