24

"The old sticker pictures that I took out again. The pictures where you and I are happily smiling, I look at them by myself and--La la la..."

~Lonely-B1A4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house was quiet when they walked in. The door had been open when Jimin tried it. Mrs. Park must have unlocked it in advance. The house itself looked pretty normal, nothing was too out of place, at least in the living room. Though, there was a note on the coffee table.

Jimin was the first to pick it up, reading it, then passing it to Jungkook. Taehyung read over Jungkook's shoulder.

I took Kyung-mi outside to talk, she kept throwing things.

Jimin, please make sure if you see any glass to pick it up? Might be a good idea to vacuum, just to make sure. The main mess is in Taehyung's and Kyung-mi's rooms.

Taehyung, please, don't think this is your fault. Kyung-mi says things she doesn't mean, she doesn't hate you, she's a sweetheart, after she gets like this, she cries herself to sleep knowing what she said. Please don't blame her either for what she did.

XOXO

Taehyung swallowed. Maybe she did say things she didn't mean... She'd be one of the few who didn't actually mean it. He wanted that to be true, that she didn't mean it, that it was just something that took over and she couldn't stop it. Does she really feel bad after? Is Mrs. Park just making that up?

"Well," Jimin started. "Guess we should head upstairs and see how bad it is..."

"How bad could it be?" Jungkook asked, trying to be optimistic.

Jimin chuckled, obviously knowing something neither Taehyung nor Jungkook knew. Then he started up the stairs. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and shrugged before heading up the stairs with him. Taehyung followed the two of them.

Jimin stopped in the hallway, between Taehyung's room, and Kyung-mi's. "Damn, I can already smell the smoke."

Taehyung bit his lip. He could smell it too. It smelled like someone had a campfire. He only knew the smell because for Jae-hwa's 16th birthday she had a bonfire, invited all her friends, roasted marshmallows. Taehyung had only tagged along, sitting with them and trying to make everyone else smile, and laughing at the jokes they told. He was mostly ignored, except for Jae-hwa, who glared at him. He remembered mid-way through the party, Jae-hwa told him to hop on a spaceship back to planet Dumbass. All of her friends laughed, making similar jokes. The smell would forever be that memory. It would always be that awful pit in his stomach that ate away at him from the inside.

Jimin opened Kyung-mi's door, and the smell only got stronger. Taehyung had never really been in her room before, it felt weird. The bedroom walls were pink, the bed had colorful pillows and stuffed animals of all kinds, he noticed a lot of bunnies. The room looked like it was in a fog, the window open to let out smoke, but even then, he could still see the books of music laying around, along with her violin.

It looked like she'd ripped out half the pages of the music books, music notation all around the room. From the blackened scraps in the middle of the room, she probably started the fire with pages of it.

Where she'd started the fire had blackened the floor, though now the spot was soaking with water, she seemed to have a line of things she wanted to burn, A photo album, a few books, a stuffed monkey, a stack of files that looked to be Mrs. Park's, and Taehyung's lion. She'd ripped the arm off the lion and took most of it's stuffing out, probably using it as fuel for the fire she'd started in the middle of the room.