Chapter 22

do you guys like gifs bc look at the one i added i wanna combust omg okay chapt 22 leggo :)
--------------------------------------------

"Thanks for coming everyone!" Mina bowed and led her guests as they left her house.

I sat quietly on the couch by myself, watching people leave one by one. I checked the time and it was already 11pm. Just then, I received a text on my phone.

'I'll leave first, see you in the car.' --Taehyung

I smiled, looking up and saw Taehyung heading towards the door. Before he exited, he winked while smirking at me.

Kim Taehyung, that was unnecessary.

I looked elsewhere, smiling so hard to myself that my cheekbones were starting to hurt.

Five minutes since Taehyung left, I went to approach Mina. "Hey Mina," I called her and she turned to face me, "Thanks for having me tonight, I'm leaving now."

"Aww can't you stay longer?" She asked, tugging my arm, "It's dangerous for you to make your way home alone too. I don't mind you staying overnight."

Pfft, I'm not going home alone, silly.

"I'll be fine, thanks again," I said and pulled her in for a hug. She hugged me back tighter and swayed me gently from left to right.

She finally released me, "I should thank you instead for coming. And that pepero game with Taehyung, you two sure still have great chemistry with each other. Besides, you both are single. Why not you just date him, again?" She asked, and I gulped.

"Me and Taehyung - we're just a history. We're only friends now, alright," I said to her as calmly as possible, although a drip of sweat was threatening to fall from my forehead.

"Righhtt..." She smirked, "Be safe. Call me if anything happens, hope to see you again. Annyeong!"

I smiled, waving to her goodbye, "Annyeong!"

I made my way out of the house and hastened my steps to get to the car.

My heart was already beating fast the moment I saw Taehyung in the vehicle, starting the engine. The headlights were on, and they were shining brightly at me. I looked down as I walked closer to the car, trying my best to hold my smile as I was still replaying that whole pepero game with him. Darn it Taehyung, what have you done to me.

I climbed into the car, keeping myself cool as I slammed the door close. I could already feel the awkward atmosphere between us. Taehyung tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, suddenly turning to look at me.

Hyejin, stay cool. Pretend you don't notice him.

I looked out of the window, although my heart was insanely beating fast for god knows why. Through the reflection on the window, I could clearly see his eyes were still on me. I waited for him to say something.

Only the tapping of his fingers on the steering wheel was heard.

"Uhm, aren't you driving?" I finally broke the silence.

He twisted his head back infront. "Yeah, I'm just warming up the car for a bit," he cleared his throat, "Wanna go get ice cream before we get home?"

I turned to him, nodding. I was a little disappointed though, he wasn't looking back at me then.

I stared down at my fingers, distracting myself so that I could stop being so anxious around him.

Taehyung finally started driving off, without saying anything. He was probably thinking about the same thing as I was - the pepero game.