One shot- CharlieDeVonne

“Holly, I really like you.” Ryder confessed. “More then I should.”

I stared at him in shock of what he just said. Was this real? No this can’t be happening. But I know deep down that is it.

 Then he did the thing I least expected him to do. He kissed me.

The worst part was that I kissed him back. I didn’t feel anything though, no sparks, no connection, nothing like what I get when I kissed Kale.

I pulled back quickly as I started think about Kale. He’d hate me if he found out I kissed his brother. But I can’t really keep it a secret can I? Guilt would eat me alive if I did.

“We can’t do this.” I said, breathless.

“I know.” Ryder admitted, looking as out of breath as I am. “But it doesn’t change the fact that I really like you, and that you kissed me back.” He continued.

“Kale’s my boyfriend and you’re his brother. This is wrong. So wrong.” I replied.

“Goodnight Holly.” Ryder said, then he inched his face closer to mine, I thought he was going to kiss me but he didn’t. Well, technically he did, but it was just on the cheek.

I slipped back into bed and slept. It was more of an attempt to sleep, I didn’t really succeed. I was up all night just staring at the wall, not really thinking about anything but then everything at the same time. Does that make any sense? No. I didn’t think so either.

Around 3am I finally got to sleep and then woke up again at 9:30am. So I didn’t get that much sleep, but just enough to give me some energy to get out of bed.

After a long and relaxing shower, I was downstairs dressed in some jeans shorts and a light blue tank top and my white flip flops.

I was dreading today the most, because I knew I had to tell Kale what happened last night. He deserved to know the truth, even if it hurt someone in the end.

I didn’t really bother to eat anything, instead I went straight over to Kale’s house. Once I got there, which didn’t take so long considering that Jackson’s house is right next to his, I rang the doorbell.

The door swung open and I was greeted by Kale. “Hey.” He said, grinning and opening the door wider for me to come in.

“Hi.” I mumbled. Kale came over to me and I knew that he was going to kiss me, but before he could I turned my head to the side so that he only kissed my cheek.

“What’s wrong?” He ask when he backed up to look me in the eye.

“I need to tell you something.” I told him. Tears were welling up in my eyes and I knew that soon they were gonna fall. “You’ll probably hate me after I tell you this. And I just want you to know that I am really sorry, it didn’t mean anything to mean, I swear!” I continued as tear made its way down my face. Then another and another. Soon I was full out sobbing.

“What are you talking about?” Kale question, clearly confused as to what I’m talking about.

“Ryder, he came over last night and told me he really like me.” I said, not even daring to look up at his face. “T-then he kiss me. But the worst part of it all was that I kissed him back.” I sobbed. “B-but I pushed away after I realized what I was doing. I’m so sorry.” I fell to the ground because I felt weak, just so utterly weak.

For a few minutes the only noise in the room was my crying. I wasn’t even sure if Kale was still there or not. But then he got down beside me, and sat there, so I knew he was still there.

“Did you feel anything?” He asked, with a shaky breath.

“No.” I stated simply.

“And you pushed him away?”

“Yeah.” I replied.

“I believe you.” He stated.

“You don’t hate me?” I asked, finally being able to look over at his face.

“I could never hate you. I’m more made a Ryder, then I am at you. I know you didn’t mean it. I love you.” He then came over and hugged me.

“I’m so sorry.” I began sobbing, again.

“Shh. Don’t cry baby. I know you are.” He said calmly into my ear.

“I love you so much.” I relied, after my crying fit.

“I love you too.” He said, his voice filled with so much compassion and love. “But I’m still going to kick Ryder’s butt.” He spoke firmly.

“Go ahead.” I chuckled.