36- Soccer Games

"The game is soccer. The teams are set. The winner is first to three goals. I am your ref, I control all of you. You are my bitches. So, let's get this show on the road," The guy dressed as a referee, Nathan, announces from midfield of the old soccer field. He's one of the guys that lives on Scott's floor in the dorms and I met him that night that we went out to the club right after I started dating Scott and he already had a ref shirt from working as a ref for junior players during high school, so he volunteered to be our referee for the game.

"On my right, we have Einstein, Captain America, and Dean Winchester," He announces us by our costumes but it's actually Scott's friend Dax who was on the soccer team with Scott in high school and he's also on the club team here at GSU, and then me and Conner as the forwards standing against the other three forwards, Scott right in front of me. "And their defense consists of Flynn Ryder and a cave woman." Which is really Bradley, another on of Scott's college friends, and Haven. "With a cop as their goalie." Aiden.

"And on my left we have Rapunzel, the Hulk, and Sam Winchester on forward," Britt (Bradley's girlfriend), Scott, and Jasper. "A sexy lady bug and a pirate on defense," Abby (now blushing) and Noah. "And a caveman on goal." Felix.

Since today is Halloween and we all decided to dress up for the game, all of the couples that are playing decided to dress in couples costumes. I'm wearing a really skimpy Captain America dress with thigh high socks to hold my shin guards to my shins and spanks under my dress to keep everything covered up. Scott is the Hulk, wearing purple pants that are torn to shreds at the shins and a purple t-shirt that's ripped to shreds. I also talked him into letting me paint his face and arms green with costume makeup. And then the cave people are Haven and Felix, Jasper and Conner are Sam and Dean from Supernatural (my idea and ARE THEY A COUPLE OR NOT? LITERALLY NOBODY KNOWS), Bradley and Britt are Flynn and Rapunzel and then everybody else did their own thing.

But because Jasper and Scott had spread the word about this game so well, we actually had an audience spread out around us, most of them also wearing some sort of costume and because this part of campus is so remote, it kind of turned into a party. People in the stands were drinking beers and some people even doing shots.

What makes this soccer game even more interesting is that it rained last night and because this soccer field is kind of abandoned, nobody tends to the grass so it's insanely muddy. This is definitely going to get messy.

"So, let's do this!" Nathan finishes and everybody cheers and I teasingly glare at Scott, mouthing 'you're going down' even though I'm not so sure about that.

I mean, I tried to get the teams divided evenly with soccer-talented people so Scott is on their team but we have Dax, who is also a soccer player. And we each have two girls on our teams because having too many girls on the same team would give us an unfair advantage.

Nathan put the ball down on the center of the field, right between Scott and I, and then I got in my stance, ready to get to the ball first when he blew his whistle.

The whistle sounds when Nathan gets to the sidelines to watch the game and the crowd starts to cheer for nobody in particular. I start sprinting to the ball and surprisingly, I get to it before Scott but with only a few kicks with my cleats, Scott catches up to me and already is able to steal the ball from me and he's smirking while doing so.

I chase after him but I don't get very far before Haven is able to kick the ball away from Scott and to Dax, who quickly dribbles the ball toward the other side of the field and I run with him, so that he can pass it to me when he gets cornered. I'm no soccer player, but I did watch a lot of soccer videos before today to prepare, so I know a little bit about what I'm doing.