Chp. 4 : The Message

| Reid |

"Alright, start from the beginning." JJ said as Ashley and Matt were seated in the interview room. Ashley took a deep breath as she began.

"I had called a while before, wanting her to come over, and see Matt and me." she said. "And when she didn't answer, Matt just said that we should just go over and ask." She looked at me, and then continued.

"So, we go over, and we see the front door wide open. When we walk in, we see a random chair in the middle of the room, with rope and duck tape near by it." Ashley starts to tear up slightly, and she take a tissue, wiping her eyes.

"So," Matt said. "Thats when we came to you."

"And this Danielle girl meets the unsubs needs." JJ said. She slid a picture of her to everyone. I started getting slightly nervous. Worried if Morgan would recognize her at all.

Thank God he didn't.

"The only thing that was different." JJ added. "Was there was no body."

"Body?!" Ashley exclaimed, her head snapping up. "Is she supposed to be dead?"

"No, no." Emily said, trying to calm her down. "The body of the husband, or boyfriend."

Ashley shot me a confused look, and I shot her a look that hopefully told her I'd talk to her later about it. She looked back at Emily, and nodded.

"Well, lets head on down to the crime scene. JJ, I want you to talk to the press, the rest head to the scene." Hotchner said, and we all headed out.

"Spencer can you stay?" Ashley asked. "We have something to tell you."

Morgan gave me a look. "I'll tell Hotchner." he walked out, a smirk on his face.

I swollowed a lump in my throat, and closed the door, hoping Morgan had left. I took a seat, and sighed.

"What the hell is going on here?" Ashley demanded, her face dry of tears. Matt pulled up a chair next to her, seriousness in his eyes.

"Yea." he added. "What do they mean, dead body?"

I sighed. "No one here knows I'm dating Danielle." I confessed, "I've been keeping it a secret from the team for a while now. Danielle knows, and understands."

"A secret?!" Ashley said. "Are you embarrassed of her or something?"

"No, no!" I said, standing. "It just...the team would probably mock me for the rest of my life if they found out. You know the big buff guy that said he'd tell Hotchner where I'd be? He'd be the biggest tease of them all." I sat back down, taking a deep breath.

"So...you kept her a secret?" Ashley asked. "This makes no sense."

"It makes prefect sense to Danielle...so it doesn't really matter if it makes sense to you or not." I said, and placed my head in my hands.

"Excuse me." Ashley muttered.

"I'm...I'm sorry." I said, looking at her. "I wanna find Danielle as much as you do. Trust me." Ashley seemed to soften up, and she placed her hand on mine that was laid on the table.

"What about the note." Matt whispered, and Ashley pulled a note out from her pocket.

"We found this under the chair." she put the note in my hands. I unfolded it, and read the small sentence written inside.

Give me the boy, and no one gets hurt.

No signature, no nothing. Just that small sentence.

"I've gotta call the team." I said, standing as I pressed buttons on my phone, calling Hotchner.

"What is it Reid?" he asked.

"The unsub left a note." I said. "It says 'Give me the boy and no one gets hurt.' "

"Alright, put it in the evidence bin, and we'll look at it when we get there." Hotchner said. I nodded, and slapped my phone shut, ending the conversation.

I slipped the note in a plastic bag, and placed it into a bin, labled 'Evidence'.

"What now?" Matt asked. "You do know he's asking for you right?" 

I nodded. "We'll have to...find out why he wants her, and why he wants me."

"And what happend to Kim Weaver...and stop him before he does it to Danielle."

| Danielle |

I woke up to a small streak of sunshine shinning through the drape on the window. It lightened the room slightly, enough for me to look around, and see my surroundings slightly.

I was in a prision cell type place. There was a bed litterally glued to the wall to my right, a sink to my left, with a toliet and everything.

I felt my stomach give a huge lurch forward, and I felt like I was gonna be sick. I leaped from my seat, and puked out my lunch from yesterday into the small toliet bowl, and gave it a flush before sitting back in my seat.

I must have been really sick, cause I didn't notice until someone walked in that I was loose. The ropes were removed from my arms, and my ankles, so I was free to walk around the cell.

I jumped up, seeing a figure of a man stand infront of me.

"Woo..." he said, swipping his hand infront of his nose. "Smells like barf in here." I could tell he had a smirk on his face, just by the tone of his voice.

"What did you do to me?" I asked.

He chuckled.

"Nothing, my dear." he said, and placed his hand on my left cheek, rubbing it softly with his thumb.

I moved my face and body away from his reach. As I did, I felt something come up, and I darted to the toilet.

"I'll leave you to your business." he said, and left the room.

Leaving me alone. Again.