Thirteen

I had been spending most of my time with Ashton. He was always at my house or I was always at his. Sometimes we would invite Michael and Calum but most of the time we liked it to just be us. I think Ashton is starting to like me because he seems a little flirty at times. I liked it though! I had yet to see any new eye colors from Ashton. I just seen the ones I already knew from time to time. I found myself thinking of what his voice would sound like if he wasn't mute.
"Ashton." I said.
He looked at me.
"Could you try and talk? Just for me? I won't judge you I promise."
His face fell and he pulled out his notepad.
I wish I could Luke but I can't.
"Why not?" I asked after reading it.
I just can't I'm sorry.
"It's okay I understand you aren't comfortable." I said.
He nodded.
We sat together cuddled up watching movies.
"Ashton." I said again.
He looked at me.
"I'm really glad you are my friend." I smiled.
Then I saw it. A new color. Purple.
Ashton's smile was bigger than I'd ever seen it. He jumped up and hugged me. He pointed to his eyes that were still purple.
"What? What is it?" I laughed.
Guess the color!  He wrote.
I grabbed my notepad and wrote purple. I looked at him and he was smiling from ear to ear.
Happiness.
Purple was happiness. He nodded to what I wrote and smiled. He hugged me again. Then pulled out his notepad again.
Thank you so much! I haven't felt happiness in a long time Luke.
"I'm glad you are happy." I smiled.
Ashton looked at me for what seemed like an eternity. We just looked into each other's eyes. Before I could move or look away Ashton grabbed my face and kissed me.