Chapter Nineteen: Deal

A/N: I was able to get a few hours to put this together :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen: Deal

"Interesting. Hmm...alright, but shouldn't we move somewhere a little more comfortable?" Doc grins at me.

"You what-? How can you just go along with it without knowing what he wants?" Fenir scoffs at both of us.

"'Nothing's for free', isn't that what you always say," she says simply before leading me back out. "I'll let your Lady come along. I don't think she'll detach herself anytime soon."

I look down and remember the paw still pulling on me. I untangle myself but keep a hand in her fur and move after Doc.

I was forced back into that white room, this time an entire entourage filled that cube room. The tiger sat herself around my chair as I sat at the desk, waiting for the Spanish Inquisition to start. This time Fenir was inside the room, glaring at me, next to the door. Like I'm going to make a run for it. Where would I go? X settle on the wall to my left, opposite to the Station, staring into space.

Doc had found herself a chair and sat directly in front of me...it feels like one of those bad cop shows. I sigh, looking down at the tiger before shifting my gaze back up at the Doc. "You can ask whatever. But..." I bite my lip, I am hesitant at the idea of asking this but what else could I do? "My sister and brother are missing." I had no idea who took them. Were they taken separately? Where they dead? I have no clues. No leads. No power. Nothing. Nothing at all. What other choice do I have here?

"Siblings!?" Doc's spine stands straight.

I nod, glancing over at X, unsure if he remembers that time in the woods, a little over a month ago. "I want to find them."

"How are they missing? Who took them?" Doc was leaning towards me. ...She is waaay too intrigued by everything.

"...I don't know. My sister..." I frown, my memories were a mess. "I..." I wasn't able to finish, so I try again. "My brother Cody was taken away in a van...my sister...Anne...Anne was...helicopter..?" I remember the sound revibrating like a heartbeat was the blades as they went round and round. "Anne was taken by a helicopter. When Cody was taken he was injected by the same stuff I was when X," I look up over at him but he was looking somewhere else.

"Ah...so it is possible that they were taken separately..."she sounded like this was going to be troublesome. She then took in my accusing look, "Tranqs are a common commodity between groups in the business of capturing Outsiders, and there are unfortunately a lot. Armies, mercenaries, researchers and a combination or 'em are always looking for subjects."

That makes us sound like animals. Something slowly burns inside me, the old frustrating anger that I have been keeping buried for the last ten years was reigniting. "You included?' I ask bitterly.

"Me included. But I'm more interested in the Miasma to be honest," her eyes shifted over to the tiger. "It's something that's been the root of a lot of problems but it seems everyone is more interested in the effects rather than the cause lately." She looked a little upset at that. "But, that being said, you are very interesting to say the least."

"I'll let you do whatever you want to me. You can dissect me, kill me, whatever you want. But I want to find them and I want them safe. I don't want them tested on or used or whatever it is that you do to us on the Outside."

Fenir snorts at my demands.

Doc raises her hands up, "Oi oi, don't paint me as the crazy scientist that'll dissect everything in sight."