SHAZAM!!

BLUDHAVEN - August 3rd

10:36AM

"Now..." Desmond smirked. "Let's try this again, shall we?"

Wotan clenched his fist and started towards Desmond. But before his foot even touched the floor, Desmond had caught it and shoved it up towards Wotan's head, a loud tearing and snapping of bone resounding throughout the room.

Wotan screamed in agony as Desmond threw him up through the roof, creating a rain of concrete fragments and rock on the rest of the Injustice League.

Desmond laughed and flew up after Wotan, beating him harder as they got higher.

When Wotan was dazed and bleeding from every part of his face, Desmond seized him by the throat.

"It's a bit hard to make those incantations of yours when you can't focus past the pain, huh?" Desmond said to him.

Before Wotan could say a word, Desmond grabbed him by the cape and began to spun around in the air, like he was spinning a large discuss.

"Aiming for the new record!!" Desmond laughed sadistically as he let go of Wotan.

In less than six seconds, Wotan flew straight through the top of three buildings, tearing the top floors off each of them with loud crashing sounds.
"Hey Presto, ladies and gentlemen!" Desmond laughed, bowing in each direction.

Suddenly, there was a loud, animal roar as Humanite flew at Desmond, his muscular white paws stretched out in a hug-like reach.

But Desmond dodged out of the way and held out his glowing fist, catching Humanite in a glowing, green cage before he could fall.

"For my next trick!" Desmond yelled out to an imaginary audience. "I will make a gigantic gorilla disappear!!"

He held Humanite above his head and threw him straight down into the intersection below him, straight onto a parked truck.

There was a loud crashing of glass and tearing metal as the truck's alarm began to blare.

Humanite was still alive, surprisingly, letting out a loud groan before losing consciousness.

"Never send a monkey to do a super villain's job..."

Then there was a loud snap from behind him, as if someone had just cracked the world's largest whip.

Before he could spin around, more large vines had lashed out and wrapped themselves around his legs with murderous intent.

Ivy stood on one of them, her eyes blazing with fury.
"Playtime's OVER!!" she screamed angrily.

Desmond scoffed and laughed, feeling a sudden wave of nostalgia.

"You know the last guy who said that to me was thrown through a mountain?"

Ivy scowled at him and held her hand out. As she tightened her hand, the vines began to squeeze Desmond.

Desmond's smirk disappeared and he began to groan in pain.

"What's the matter, baby?" he half-laughed. "Was it something I said?"

Then his golden eyes hummed with energy.

"Something I killed?"

Before Ivy react, Desmond had shot a beam of energy straight through the plants, which made small, high-pitched cries of pain.

Ivy looked down in horror as she saw the scorched husks fall to the ground below them, failing to notice Desmond flying towards her.

He spun in the air and kicked her straight in the face, sending he plummeting to the ground.
But she felt large muscular hands catch her at an incredible speed.