Chapter 16

Wendy's pov

I stand still as I watch Dipper leave the gift shop. 'How could he be claimed. His family never let him leave the house. How could they find a mate for him.'
I stare blankly at the wall until I hear someone enter the shop. I turn and see a blonde man with an eye patch and yellow suite. I quickly move out of his way when I can smell that he us a superior alpha.
When he gets close to me he stops and takes a breath in.

"You smell like my mate."

I'm suddenly being thrown against a shelf of snow globes.

"Now. Why don't you tell me why you smell like Dipper."

I flinch and look him in the eye.

"You're the one who claimed him?"

The man nods and leans back.

"I am, so why don't you tell me why his sent is on you."

I lock my eyes with him and growl.

"I came here to claim Dipper as my mate. I am someone who can take care of him and give him the family he wants and deserves. An alpha his family would approve of."

The man growls and throws me to the floor.

"You will never be the one for Dipper! He is my mate and is having my pups! You will never be good enough for him! So, I suggest you leave and never return!"

I freeze when his eye flashes red. I quickly get up and run out the door.
The only thought that went through my head was the need to run. 'Be careful little man. I hope you stay safe.'