Chapter Nineteen | Sparks Will Fly

Nineteen:

"No way in hell. Absolutely not."

I twisted my body from left to right in front of the full length mirror, wishing the string bikini I was stuffed into would somehow grow bigger.

Lauren met my stubborn glare head-on from where she sat behind me, cross-legged on the bed. She had put on her black bikini under her clothes long ago, and was now watching me with narrowed eyes. "It's your fault for not packing your own bathing suit. You should just be grateful I brought two."

I laughed hysterically. "You're right! Why on earth did I not bring a bathing suit to a ski lodge?!"

Things had taken a turn for the worse. We had barely gotten settled in our various rooms before everyone decided to hit the hot tub. Apparently, everyone had gotten the memo but me about packing swimsuits, which left me borrowing Lauren's. Given that she was both shorter and skinnier than me, the bikini she offered me was considerably smaller than it should be, which left my boobs and butt practically spilling from the bright red fabric.

"I feel like I should do some sit-ups or something before we go out there," I muttered miserably as I examined my body; I was leaving little to the imagination.

Lauren laughed loudly. "Audrey, if anyone should have that much skin on display, it's you, okay? You probably have the best body I've ever seen...looks like all your psycho running is paying off."

"Whatever," I mumbled, though her words had me feeling a little bit better.

"So are you almost ready? They're probably all waiting for us."

We were in one of the four large, luxurious rooms the cabin offered, evidence of all the money Will had forked over to pay for it. I wasn't sure what the rooming situation was for everyone else, but Lauren, Carly, Lily and I were all sharing a room.

I eyed the two large beds that filled up the room, mentally debating with myself whether or not I should go out there at all. I could stay in, eat some snacks, and test out that huge flat-screen TV...

"I could be in the hot tub right now, you know," Lauren added when I didn't respond. "I'm only in here to make sure you don't chicken out on the bikini."

"Ughhh," I groaned loudly, looking away from the mirror as my dreams of avoiding the situation fizzled. "Fine, I don't even care anymore!" I hurriedly pulled a pair of black yoga pants over my hips, before throwing on Carly's sweatshirt that she'd left on the bed.

Lauren grinned, sliding off the bed and coming to a stand. She reached up and fluffed out my hair, removing her hands once she was satisfied with the way it fell down my shoulders. "Good. Now let's go, you have boys to impress."

...

When we stepped through the double glass doors that led out to the back patio of the cabin, I noticed right away that the "hot tub" was really a mini swimming pool. It was a made from sparkling granite, built into the ground, and it was about ten feet long and five feet wide, allowing our entire group to cram into it.

"Finally, get your cute asses in here!" Carly yelled from where she was seated in the water, in Sean's lap.

I could barely hear her over the music that was blasting from a portable speaker, propped up on the table with somebody's phone plugged into it.

Lauren was already out of her jeans and in the process of pulling off her sweater when I noticed. I raced to catch up with her, kicking off my yoga pants and tugging my sweatshirt over my head.

The icy wind nipped at my now exposed body, making me eager to get in the hot water and warm up.

Embarrassment flooded my body when I felt many pairs of eyes land on me. Lauren turned to me with a knowing smirk before stepping towards the left side of the tub. She got in first, taking Tyler's hand and sitting in between him and Carly.