CHAPTER TWO - Henry's Grudge

Henry walked into Laurel Deli Café and sat down at the table he and Timber had sat at since their first trip downtown together. As was usual for him, he received questionable looks from several tourists regarding his appearance. While he no longer wore studded belts, he still wore his leather jacket and his leather wrist cuffs. His solid black attire usually gave strangers the impression that he was a rebellious spirit. He looked out of place in Fort Bragg but he paid the onlookers no mind as he took his seat.

He was debating whether or not to order something when movement beside him made him turn his head. He watched in amusement as a couple of small children, around five and seven, were running around the old steam train engine while their parents were ordering food. It took a minute for him to recognize the children. When they saw him they smiled broadly.

"Henry!" cried the older of the two.

"Hi, Liam. Hi, Lizzie," said Henry with a grin. Both of the kids ran to him.

"We're going to fly the train to the moon," said Liam, throwing his arms in the air.

"Really?" laughed Henry.

"The twain is stuck," said Lizzie, looking mildly irritated.

"Have you tried unsticking it?" asked Henry with a smile and their faces filled with new determination. Henry could see the wheels in their heads turning.

"Liam? Lizzie?" called a familiar voice.

"They're over here with me, Gina!" called Henry.

Gina looked around and smiled in relief. Gina Kish was one of Henry's and Timber's closest friends and one of the most brilliant women Henry knew. She walked over and sat down across from Henry and readjusted her headband. Her short chestnut-colored curls were pushing her headband back to the front of her head.

"My brother and his wife are celebrating their anniversary this weekend so I'm watching the kids," she said.

"Auntie Gina took us to the park, and then we went to the movies, then we had pizza, and now we're going to have hot chocolate!" cried Liam happily.

"Kyle is going to be so happy when he gets his kids back," joked Henry.

"As Auntie, it's my job to load them up on sugar before sending them home," laughed Gina. She pulled a bunch of quarters out of her purse and handed them to Liam. "See how many stuffed toys you and Lizzie can get out of the claw machine and don't forget to take turns or I'm not getting you hot chocolate."

Liam clicked his heels together dutifully and led Lizzie by the hand to the claw machine.

"So, this is weird. I'm not used to seeing you at the deli without Timber."

"Timber is with Grace at Headlands," said Henry.

"Oh that's right, Timber told me about that," said Gina. "She's meeting Sebastian Zhang."

Henry froze when he heard that name, but he regained his relaxed composure almost immediately. His mind raced. Sebastian. It couldn't be the same Sebastian though. The chances were too slim. Then again, Sebastian was not a common name and he did not know his last name.

"Henry?" asked Gina, waving her hand in front of his face. "Are you alright?"

"Sorry, Gina," said Henry as he refocused his mind. "I haven't been feeling well recently. I've been a little tired and sore."

"Too much sex maybe?" giggled Gina quietly. Henry chuckled.

"There's no such thing."

"Well if you're sore, apparently there is." Henry and Gina laughed. "Oh, before I forget to ask you," she added, "one of the groomsmen for Ashley's wedding stepped out. He and Justin disagreed about Ashley's choice in wedding colors. He didn't think the groomsmen should wear pink flowers."