FIFTY-TWO

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Sehun's POV

It took us a few minutes to ease the awkwardness that father caused about mentioning the whole grandchildren thing. He just had to mention that.

"Okay then, it's time to be serious." father spoke up.

"It just had to come from you," Tao scoffed.

"I'm just lightening up the mood," he shrugged. "I just got a little worried when I saw Paige like that." he said.

"It happens pretty often sir, I just felt really overwhelmed." Paige sighed.

"What were you saying again father?" Lay asked.

"There are reports all over the city about numerous attacks and deaths. The media says it's an unknown gang but I'm pretty sure they're a group of demons." he began.

"A group of demons? As far as I know, aren't most demons in this area like us? They have full control, just like our classmates and their other relatives." Suho asked.

"I know it is not possible to be someone from this district. I am acquainted with almost every demon that is the head of the family and no one has ever showed any intention of doing such things." father explained.

"I had the deaths investigated. Most were either choked or beaten to death. I also asked a friend of mine who happened to be an investigator to give me copies of the blood samples or any signs of fingerprints of the culprits. They all belonged to different people yet at the same time there is one similarity that only a demon can tell and not ordinary people." he says seriously.

"And that is?" Luhan asked.

"That all blood samples they got had a trail of a demon," father answered. "And that demon is no other than Aleister."

"Him? But how?" Xiumin asked.

"I have an idea but I need to make sure first," he stood up and went near Paige. "I know it's a little improper but I need a blood sample from you."

Paige's eyes widened. "But why?"

"It may sound a bit weird but I just need to confirm something." father said.

Paige looked really uncomfortable for moment before slowly nodding. "It's not that easy, wait" she mumbled.

She slightly bent down until her hair covered her face. After a short while she looked back up and I saw that her lip was bleeding. Father handed her a handkerchief and she used it to wipe the blood off before giving it back to him again.

I looked towards Paige and she kept tapping her fingertips onto her lip. "Does it hurt?" I asked.

"Not much, it stings a little but it's something I'm used to." she answered.

"You're used to it?" I asked.

She smiled awkwardly. "Yeah... Sort of,"

My brows scrunched up in confusion. "Why are you acting all confused for? You know well why she's used to it." Chanyeol chuckled.

"Huh?" What are they talking about?

"She's used to your demon form's rough kissing, you idiot." Tao suddenly interrupted.

My eyes widened and I looked towards Paige who's just looking away from me.

"Is it too late to say sorry for that?" I asked.

"It's okay, don't mind it." she shyly said.

"You're both the same, she kissed you numerous times anyways." Kai joined in.