The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 25]

I was at home, alone, watching our finished music video. 101, 205 hits so far on Youtube. It was doing well, considering it had only been out for about two weeks now.

I sighed and closed my laptop shut. I was bored.

It was a Friday night. Mae had gone out with some friends from the design studio she worked at now. Ian went to hang out with Gabe Saporta, who was in town with his band. They were going to go hang out with Pete Wentz. I didn't want to go.

I was getting tired of hanging out with celebrities all the time. I felt like I had to live up to some expectation and couldn't be myself. It was getting annoying to me. But Ian was loving it. He loved all the glory of the life of the famous. He spent his share of the money we got from the first tour and album to buy himself a nice apartment in up-town Beverly. He had moved in last week and had been having non-stop parties for the past week.

It seemed that whenever we were alone, he didn't want to talk. All we did was make-out or have sex. I felt my relationship with him becoming no more than a sexual outlet. I couldn't remember the last time we had gone out on a real date.

I sat up and went to the mirror to look at myself. I touched my hair, which was now long. I had gotten a feather braided into one side. On the other side, underneath, I dyed a few strands of it purple. I looked down at my hands. On the underside of my wrist, I had gotten a tattoo of different sized stars. I looked back in the mirror, surveying myself. I hadn't changed too much. Like my mother had said, I gained a little weight, which wasn't noticeable at all. Other than the subtle differences in my hair, I still looked relatively the same as I did about a year ago. I smiled weakly at my reflection. It was reassuring to know that I could see past the glamour of the celebrity life and still hold onto who I was at heart.

I went to my closet and changed into a pair of navy blue jeans and a loose-fitting white V-neck t-shirt. I braided my hair loosely and applied some light make up. Then I drove to Caleb's house.

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi Mrs. Rhodes. Is Caleb home?" I asked when I got to his house.

"Yes. Come on in, dear. He's just went in to take a shower. He'll be out in a few," she told me. She gestured towards the family room. "Make yourself at home, sweetie. Do you want anything to eat?" she asked me. I smiled at her.

"No, I'm not hungry right now. Thanks for asking, though," I replied. She patted my head. I liked Caleb's mother. She was always so sweet to everyone.

"Well, I'm about to go to the gym. If you get hungry, there's food in the fridge and snacks in the cupboard," she told me.

"All right, thanks!" I said. She smiled and walked outside. I tapped my fingers on the side of the suede couch impatiently. I wished he'd hurry up. I was bored and wanted to go do something.

I heard the doorbell ring and looked around. No one else was home and Caleb was in the bathroom. I shrugged and went to go see who was at the door. When I opened it, I saw a petite girl with moussy light brown hair and light brown eyes standing there.

"Uhhh...hi," I said awkwardly.

"Hi. Is Caleb here?" she asked me.

"I--uh...yeah. He is. He's in the shower," I said. She cocked her head to the side.

"Who are you?" she asked me. I wanted to ask her how in the world she didn't know who I was, but I pushed away my arrogant thoughts.

"I'm Vanessa," I said. "Who are you?" I asked her.