Chapter 47

*YO GUYS ITS ANOTHER CHAPTER!! YAY!! THIS IS ACTUALLY LONGER THAN I PLANNED, LIKE 9,000 WORDS LONG. BUT YOU GUYS CAN TAKE IT, I'VE GIVEN YOU WORSE. 10,000 WORDS WORSE. I'M NOT GONNA ASK QUESTIONS THOUGH BECAUSE THIS IS ALREADY REALLY LONG AND YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST ENJOY THE ACTUAL STORY INSTEAD OF MY SILLY AUTHOR'S NOTES. PLUS I THINK YOU'LL THOROUGHLY ENJOY THIS ONE. (Hur hur hur). SEE YOU AROUND! (Music in the multimedia is Aspire by Draper.)*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 47

Jeff's POV

The car was quiet and parked behind a department store where deliveries are usually made. No one was around at all. I sat in the passenger's seat, keeping watch for anyone that comes around. Elizabeth was in the back seat, laying down, sleeping.

It was fairly early in the morning. Ben drove the car all night long until we got to the next city over. My neck hurt from not sleeping correctly last night. Elizabeth is lucky since she gets to actually lay down, but I won't complain. It's not a big deal anyway. We agreed to take turns on our seats. Once Elizabeth wakes up we'll switch and I'll be able to get some real rest. Now that I can actually see her sleep, she tends to twitch and murmur a lot. Makes me wonder what she's dreaming about. She's kept the same stressed face. It's probably not anything good. I should probably wake her up but I knew she'd only yell at me for doing that.

Ben was inside the department store --wearing his chip, of course-- getting some clothes for all of us. Well, "borrowing" anyway. He's been inside for almost twenty minutes. I was getting antsy, wanting to go back to sleep and get on with the trip. Nothing could've happened to him, right? Of course not, he's Ben. He's probably taking forever because he's being so picky with clothes or he's hitting on a girl. Whatever the case, he better haul ass and get back to the car.

I turned around to check on Elizabeth for the tenth time. She was still sleeping, cradling her broken arm against her chest as she lay in a fetal position. I noticed she was shivering slightly. The weather was starting to get chilly and the car was turned off. It didn't bother me but Elizabeth seemed especially effected. I looked down at myself, noting that I have two friggin' jackets. I took off the red leather jacket and leaned over the passenger seat to carefully place it over her huddled figure. I waited and watched as her body stopped shivering and she pulled the jacket tighter around her torso. This strange light and bubbly feeling stirred up inside my chest and I quickly sat myself down.

I checked outside through the windows, seeing no sign of Ben. "Hurry the hell up, idiot," I grumbled, crossing my arms. Leaning my head back against the seat, I stared out of the window, looking up at the orange-blue sky. The sun was peaking over buildings far to the right. There were little birds hanging out in the grass or on the concrete. I turned away from the passenger window to look out of the front-shield.

I was surprised to see a larger black bird on top of the car hood. It strut around for a bit before standing still and looking around. It suddenly snapped it head towards me and I was taken aback by its unnaturally bright eyes. Cawing, it cocked it's head to the side before strutting around again. The bird looked familiar. Then, I realized that it was the crow from before. That couldn't be possible though. There are hundreds, thousands, of crows in the world, right? I'm bound to see more than one. There just so happens to be one here too. Though, if I recall, crows are usually in groups...

I was too busy staring at the crow that I failed to spot Ben right at the driver's side door. As soon as he knocked on the window, the crow flew away in a blur of black feathers. Disregarding the crow, I leaned over and unlocked the car door. As soon as Ben opened the door, he tossed a bag inside which hit my face perfectly. He tossed in a bag towards the backseat, which coincidentally didn't hit Elizabeth at all. Though, the thud of plastic woke her up and she sat up with a frown on her face, hair slightly disturbed.