Where's the Bacon

I just want to apologise for not updating. Writers block and other things to do don't go well. But here is another chapter. It was written on my phone and not really check for spelling or grammar so I'm sorry in advance. Sorry for the long wait, but I hope you enjoy.

The new people have been here for around 2 weeks and they have managed to work out the work system so that no one is just being lazy. Daddy and I have been experimenting with how good I am hunting and he is teaching me to track no that I am 7. I am to yet fire his crossbow but its WAY! too heavy for me to hold on my own.

Daddy has been getting lots of attention from the new people because he brings home the bacon as they say but I have yet to see any bacon so I'm sure if he is just hiding it from me, if so that's super nasty of him.

There are lots of kids similar ages to me but more for Carl and they are really stupid thinking that they are safe from the governor now, he'll be back at least that is what daddy and Rick talk about when they think that I am asleep.

I have been spending lots of time with Beth and Judith as she is teaching me the songs she likes and how to hold her correctly so that she is comfortable Beth says that I have a really nice voice but I'm not so sure. I have fed her and changed her lots and when I want to talk to someone other than the normal group I go to Judith because she listens really well. I've been teacher her how to hold a knfe but daddy says that I should only do that if Rick says I can and that it is safe with an adult around.

Thats what i'm doing now with daddy and Rick watching probably to make sure I teach it right.

"Okay, hold the knife like this and when a monster comes at you you just stab upwards or down depending on the size" I say showing the correct technique. I hand Judith the knife as Rick stops me

"That's a bit heavy for judith, here try this plastic one first" Rick says handing me a plastic kinfe. I look at him and slightly tilt my head "How is this going to go through a walkers head?" I question as daddy chuckles. A laugh comes from behind me and I see Sophia watching as well.

"This is just so she can learn the technique, once she has that down we can give her a proper knide, alright" Rick says laughing a little.

I look around at the people in the cell wondering why they are laughing at me or maybe they are laughing at Judith and that's just wrong.

Judith just claps and smiles throughout the teaching and isn't properly learning.

"Daddy, he isn't listening. How do I make her understand that clapping isn't going to help but make it worse" I ask looking to dad

"Now you know how I feel" daddy days as e take Judith from me.

Rick laughs and takes Judith from daddy swinging her up into his arms and kissing her head before walking away.

I wake up the next morning with daddy missing as well as his crossbow. I descend down the stairs and hear screams and cries for help.

Walking into the cell block I can see dead walkers and their family members crying.

Daddy spots me and picks me up turning my head away from the bodies.

Karen is coughing and looks really pale and is escorted into cell block A the hospital wing along with others who are feeling ill.

I feel a little off and really hot but i don't say anything as it's probably nothing.

The next morning I feel a lot worker and daddy has once again already left. I bets he eating the bacon.

I stay in bed and slowly fall back to sleep.

"Is she still sleeping?" I hear someone ask near my bed. I feel a hand fall into my forehead and then I hear daddy swear.

"She burning up, she might have the flu?" Someone asks close to my head

"No she's fine, she just wearing too many clothes" daddy lifting my shirt to reveal the best I was wearing.

My throat is full of stuff and begin to cough and I feel the liquid go up my throat and out as I turn my head.

" Daryl, that's a lot of blood. She needs to go see Hershal" someone says

"Daddy?" I ask moving my hand around annoy leaning on his chest as he picks me up into his arms" your gonna alright little one, Hershal will make you better"daddy says walking towards the hospital wing.

I begin coughing sgain and daddy leans me to the side as the liquid once again slurs up an out of my mouth.

"Daddy I'm scared" I say after all f the liquid is out "am I gonna die" I ask quietly looking up at him.

"No, I'll get something like medication and you will be fine. Be brave little one, your a Dixon" daddy says as he leaves meo n a soft bed.

"I love you little one" daddy says stoking my hair. I open my eyes to see daddy with tear running down his face and his red bandana around his mouth and nose.

"I love you too" I respond as I fall into the blackness of sleep.