Chapter Eight

I pull back quickly. I don't want to be his rebound just because he and Annabeth broke up.

Percy looks at me in shock before realizing what he had done, a bright red blush creeping it's way up his face.

"Spencer, oh my gods I'm-"

I cut him off by shaking my head.

"No, it's fine. You're just confused. It was a hard break up for you." I try to make sense of what had just happened. I couldn't ignore the fact that I did feel something for the 2.2 seconds that Percy pressed his lips against mine, but I had to push that to the back of my mind. He just broke up with his long term girlfriend, he obviously doesn't need another relationship right now.

It took him a second to respond, processing what had just happened.

"I guess you're right. I'm really sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." We both nod, suddenly feeling very awkward.

Luckily, Veronica barged through the cabin door, rambling on about something, allowing me to release a breath of relief.

"Spencer! I've been looking everywhere for you! Kelly told me you might be here. And here you are! Okay so Chiron needs you to go see Rachel. It's kind of urgent." She manages out between deep breaths. She must have ran here.

"Why does Spencer need to see Rachel, Veronica?" Percy asked, taking a step away from me again. A faint blush was still visible on his cheeks.

"Um Spencer is still here. and who's Rachel?" I butt in.

The two stop their mumbling and look at me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Rachel is the oracle. She tells prophecies. So, it's like telling the future, but not really." Veronica says.

"Oh. Well, is she nice?" I ask.

"Yeah she's nice. Annabeth didn't really like her, but she's pretty cool." Percy says. Well if Annabeth didn't like her, I'll love her.

"Okay well, let's go see Rachel then." I say taking a deep breath and walking out of the cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay Spencer, Rachel is right through there." Chiron says pointing to the attic stairs.

"Um, it looks kinda dark and, uh, maybe we should just wait." I say going to turn around. I really hate the dark and spiders and things. But especially the dark.

V grabs me and turns me back around.

"Spencer you need to go. It may be important." she says.

I groan and start heading up the stairs.

"Spencer!" I hear Percy call.

I turn around. "Yeah?"

"Be careful."

I smile faintly and head up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was right. It's very dark in the attic. and dusty. I could practically feel the dust in the air with my fingers. It really doesn't help my anxiety levels when I remember the fact that 70% of dust is dead skin cells.

How does this Rachel girl live here? It's old, musty, and lighting of just dim candles sucks.

"Hello! You must be Spencer."

I jump half way out of my skin.

There was a girl with red hair, a pair of paint splattered jeans, and a tie-dye t-shirt on. She was cute, I'm guessing she was just painting, by the looks of her jeans.