Chapter 16: Brainwashed

Kristy's POV:

I'm not sure what happened. I know I was sleeping, I know I was having this horrible nightmare, then there was blackness, and finally Dean crashing through the front door mad as hell. I'm not entirely sure what's happening. I just find myself crawling into an outfit.

I find myself padding down the stairs in a pair of Fade to Blue skinny jeans, a black spaghetti strap shirt under a thin purple tank top and a black leather jacket. Don't ask me how I pulled that ensemble together or how I got my tired, broken-hearted ass into it. But I did.

And I entered the living room just in time to hear dad call Dean a 'princess'. I don't even bother to try and catch up to the arguement. It's clear what it's about: Sam. There's no more screaming coming from the basement and I doubt it's because all the demon blood is out of his system.

I pour myself a drink and then I grab a box of stale Saltines and begin to nibble on one. Dean comes charging into the kitchen and snatches the glass of whiskey from my hands.

"Drink some water. You're dehydrated," he orders.

I can tell he's in a bad mood right now. Like, the worst mood I've ever seen him in.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" I ask softly and wince.

My throat is raw from crying.

"No," he snaps.

I nibble on my Saltine for a second.

"Sam gave us up for a demon."

My Saltine breaks in half in my mouth. Then, very carefully I chew it and wash it down with some cold water.

"I'm choosing to assume that said demon is Ruby," I tell him after a second.

No more time for moping and feeling sorry for myself. Sam is gone-probably on a demon blood high again-and even in my depressed state I can tell something big is happening today. Yup, 24 hours is the alloted time that we're given to be sad in my family-even when I'm heartbroken.

"Who else, Kristena?" he snarls.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Being a dick is not going to help us right now," I tell him sharply stepping closer and looking him in his hazel eyes, "you're not the only one with problems. So suck it up and let's figure out what we're going to do about this whole apocolypse thing."

And then black.

Dean's POV:

I'm not sure what happened for a second. All I know is that I had that feeling I get when Cas zaps me somwhere and then I was in a white, regal looking room. There was a long table in front of me, lined with chairs. On a platter was a steaming pile of my favorite burgers and in an ice filled bowl was my favorite beer.

Only one thing could pull all this off.

"Zachariah, you son of a bitch."

"The son of a bitch that's in charge of you."

"What am I doing here?" I snarl.

"Getting ready for the oncoming battle. We need our star player rested up and ready. Or well, I should say our star general. Our star player had some...complications."

"Who are you talking about?" I ask impatiently.

"Your little sister over there," he says pointing across the room.

Kristena is laying on the floor, her eyes closed. I check her pulse three times. She's still alive. Her breathing is slow and shallow, and her heartbeat seems slower to me-but it's strong and steady. I frown.