Chapter 55

August

"Why you so quiet baybeh?" I asked.

"Leave me alone August." She mumbled.

Every since the kids been released from the hospital, Leah was actin' real funny. Ion't kno' if it's jus' her hormones or something is wrong.

"Why you actin' like that?"

"Just leave me alone August."

She snatched her phone off the table and waddled outside ta' the car. I ran my hands over my face, and followed her.

I locked the front door, helped her in the car, got in on my side, once I got in, I'a started the car, and drove off.

"I want to go home August." Leah sniffed.

I looked over at her ta' see her cryin'. She was just angry two minutes ago.

"Why you cryin' baybeh?" I asked as I held her hand.

"I know Giselle was gonna be apart of Mason's life sooner or later but just the reminder of how Mason got here hurts me. Yes, I forgave you and I've moved on but it still hurts." She cried.

I sighed and stopped at a red light. I took my seatbelt off and wrapped my arms around her, pullin' her close ta' me.

"I kno' baybeh. I made a mistake therefore, I gotta live wit' it. I'a appreciate you bein' civil wit' Giselle for the sake of Mason. You don't have ta' be her best friend, just stay cordial. I put that rock on your finger because I love you and I want ta' spend the rest of my life wit' you foreva a'ight? Stop cryin' beautiful, you gone make my son weak." He chuckled.

She sucked her teeth and gently pushed me away. I pecked her lips while cuppin' her ass.

"Stop it before I make you pull over daddy." She purred.

"I swea' you bipolar as fuck." I laughed.

I entered the parking lot of the doctor's office and swerved into a parking space. I killed the engine, got out, helped Leah out and walked inside the office, signin' her in.

"We need to start planning our wedding baby." She pouted.

"We can do it tomorrow. You can go shop fa' a dress witcha' homegirls and shit. I'm surprised yo' mean ass actually has friends."

"Fuck you."

"I will in that bathroom, fuck wit' me."

"Come on then."

"Nope."

She rolled her eyes and scooted away from me. I grabbed her, forcin' her ta' sit on my lap. I rested my hands on her stomach and kissed her cheek.

"I'm hungry." She whined.

"When are you not hungry?" I laughed.

"When you don't get no pussy don't say nothing."

"Miss. Seoul." The doctor called.

I helped Leah up and watched her waddle ta' the back. I helped her onto the examination table and sat down in a chair.

"Are you excited to see what your having?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." Leah smiled.

"It's a boy, I'm tellin' you." I grinned.

"We'll let's find out and see." The doctor said.

She turned on the equipment and rubbed the gel on Leah's stomach. She grabbed the miniature probe, gently rollin' it around her stomach til we saw a clear picture of the baby.