Chapter 4 - Beautiful Nightmare.

Robin

I couldn't disguise the annoyed look on my face as I handed in the sixth psychology assignment since school started. It was beyond me how it was possible for us to be doing this many assignments in the first semester, but maybe that's just how it was in university.

Or maybe, I only felt annoyed because I was still immature. I was the youngest in my class, or at least one of the youngest. Everyone else was in their mid-twenties, or late twenties, or even older. I was only twenty-one.

 After handing in the assignment, I all but ran from the lecture hall towards the exit. The cool, fall air prickled at my skin as I approached my motorcycle. I opened the small compartment on the side of the bike and grabbed my leather jacket and helmet. After tugging them both on; I revved the bike to life and sped out of there.

Somehow I'd found myself thinking about Ashley. I'd been thinking about her a lot lately-I just wasn't sure how I was thinking of her. Of course she'd freaked out after I told her about the kiss, but I saw a flash in her eyes-excitement. I wasn't interested in a relationship with her, which was completely out of the question.

Not simply because she was my brother's girlfriend, but for my own personal, mental health; I chose to stay away from relationships for as long as I could. I've seen her around since then of course, but we just hadn't talked much. We never actually talked much before anyways, so I guess it wasn't that different.

Maybe I wanted that-maybe I wanted to be a person she could talk to. I remember seeing how close she was with her friend, Sophie. I didn't have that sort of relationship with anyone. I'm not sure if Gabriel was a friend, or a fuck buddy or both. Of course there were people I hung out with-not from university of course. Most of the persons taking Psychology with me were a bunch of stiffs.

Fifteen minutes later, I pulled into the paved driveway of my home. The garage door opened and I pushed my Harley inside, kicking the stand down. The house was bare-of course. Ben was at work, and I'm the only other person living here. I discarded of my jacket, and kicked off my black leather boots before jumping into my bed.

I had just sparked a blunt when I heard something ringing throughout the house. It sounded like a cell phone, playing Selena Gomez's "Good for ya" on repeat. At first, I ignored it. But then it kept ringing, and it was really fucking with my high. I groaned and dragged myself away from the bed, pinning my dark hair up before heading upstairs.

I followed the music around until I finally came to the door of Ben's bedroom.

"Fucking hell," I groaned as the song started again. I pushed the door opened and saw an iphone lying on the bedside table. It wasn't his phone, judging by the hello kitty case-At least I hoped it wasn't his.

"Hello," I answered the phone, against my better judgement.

"Robin?" Ashley whispered harshly, "What the hell are you doing with my phone?"

I rolled my eyes, even though she wouldn't see me. "You've been calling it all morning Ashley, I just found your shitty phone in my brother's room."

The line was silent for a while. "Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so hostile, I thought I lost my phone for good."

"Okay..." I was standing there awkwardly in Ben's room.

"Can you do me a favour?"

I sighed, fuck me. "What is it?"

"I need you to bring my phone, to my workplace. There's something on there that I need."

I stared at the phone in disbelief. Did she think I had nothing else to do with my life? I mean, I didn't have any plans today but... I didn't want to be her personal assistant today.