Alphonse Elric x Reader

You giggled as you saw your best friend walking through the town. "Al!!!" You shouted to get his attention, which worked. He turned his head to look at you over his shoulder, his eyes wide and his face showing innocence.

You ran to catch up with him, walking side by side. He smiled at you and continued walking. 'Hey, (Y/n)! How has it been?' he asked kindly, giving you a closed-eye smile.

'I've been really good, actually. Nothing has come up yet, so it's all good. I mean-' you sighed, catching yourself rambling on again. 'How have you been?'

He smiled, looking up at the sky. 'Great!' He cheered. 'Quiet, but great.'

You smirked. 'Amazballs.' You laughed. You walked slower so you were behind him now, then jumped up on his back. He placed his arms behind the joint of your knees, smiling brightly as you wrapped your arms around his neck, making sure not to strangle him.

'Where to?' he grinned, leaning his head upward to look at you.

'Lets go to the river.' You said, not even having to think about it.

He blinked, but then smiled. 'Alright.'
He then began walking with you on his back, not complaining about having to carry you like Havoc or someone else would have.

It took a few minutes, but eventually he carried you out of town and down a dirt path leading into a forest. You slid off of him, expecting the boy to be tired by now.

'I love it here.' Al said smiling, looking up at all the trees. 'So peaceful and quiet, yet so noisy and filled with life..' He trailed off, his soft smile never fading.

You looked around with curiosity. You could see where he was coming from, but the outdoors wasn't exactly your favorite place to be.

In the distance, you could here running water. You know Al heard it, too, because his face brightened and he turned towards you with that adorable smile. 'Let's go (Y/n)!' He giggled and took your wrist gently before running.

You smiled and let him drag you along. He was just so innocent and adorable you couldn't say no. You stared at the back of his head with amazement. How could he be Ed's younger brother, yet act nothing like him?

The more you thought about it, the more you noticed the differences. Al was passive, sweet, adorable, and tall while Ed was dominant, short tempered, had his adorable moments, and short.

'Hello?' You heard Al's voice, and that shook you from your trance as you noticed you had both stopped right in front of the small raids of the river, the younger Elric staring at you with innocent eyes.

'I'm sorry.' You smiled at him.

He returned the smile warmly. 'That's alright.' Another difference. You made the mental note as the two of you sat next to the large body of water.

He took off his shoes and socks, then rolled up his black pants legs to the knee so he could dip his feet into the cold water. He shook the red coat off his shoulders and he let it pool around him, not moving it.

You did the same, but you had no extra layer of clothing to remove. You stared out to the other side, wondering what exactly was there. You and Al had never been past here, mainly because you were afraid of going too far when someone needed your assistance.

'This is beautiful.' Al said quietly. 'Like you.' He smiled a closed eye smile at you.

You forced yourself to smile back. "Did he just compare me to WATER!? WAT- just accept the compliment." You inwardly sighed.

'You know..I've been thinking..' Al sighed, looking down at his lap, a small blush creeping up on his cheeks. 'I-I th-think that..Oh I don't know, I've just been having these strange f-feelings here lately.. It's hard to explain.' He sighed, his blush spreading down his neck and disappearing below his collar.

You tilted your head, looking at him sideways. 'You mean..?'

'(F/n) (L/n), I think I l-love you.'

'Alphonse Elric, I think I love you too.'