Four

Today was the day I decided I would speak to him.
It was winter now, he was beginning to wear more sweaters and gloves occasionally.
Sometimes he'd come to the cafe for lunch, other times he'd bring it or would go somewhere else.
Everything was going well, I ordered my coffee, he was at his usual place. I was just about to stand up and walk over to the shop when someone approached him. It was a guy a bit taller than him. He said something to him, to which Gerard blushed and smiled. I felt jealousy seethe through me as I watched the guy slowly tilt his chin up and they had their moment, before they continued talking.
I got up, walking as calmly as I could bring myself to, before I pulled the glass door of the shop open a bit too roughly. I grabbed the first bunch of flowers I could think, knowing they were his favorite, and walked behind them.
"Sorry, are you in line?" I said casually through my teeth. The guy looked at me with a weirded out expression, before he shook his head and stepped aside. Gerard bit his lip and glanced back at the boy, before nodding towards me.
"That will be eight dollars and sixty-eight cents" he looked antsy as I spent my time getting my money. I handed him it and he broke my dollar, handing me the change and receipt, which I stuffed in my pocket, before taking the flowers and handing him them.
He looked confused and stared up at me. I nudged them towards him and he just blinked.
"They're for you" I muttered. "O-oh, uh, Th-thank you" I watched his hands as he took them from me, a small blush on his cheeks. I felt pride in my stomach that I made him blush.
The boy he was taking to scoffed, sighed, and shook his head, walking away. He frowned a bit and watched him go.
"Not worth it if he gave up that fast" I softly to ease his hurt, leaning in, staring at his lips momentarily, before I pulled away swiftly, waving and walking away. He watched me leave with a dazed expression.
Success.