Chapter 34

Demi's POV

"What the hell is she talking about" I shoved Wilmer slightly.

"Babe, you know she's fucking crazy why do you even believe her" he quickly defended himself.

"Hey don't fucking talk about my sister like that, I know you did something. Why the fuck does she flinch whenever your name is mentioned" Maddie was quick to intervene. "Izzy wait up!" she shouted before storming out of the room herself.

"Well I'm waiting" I crossed my arms still staring him down.

"I don't have time for this, call me when you want to stop listening to your bratty "sister" Wilmer air quoted the last part before he too turned around and left me alone in the room with my mom.

"Mom, I..." I began to stutter.

"Save it, right now we need to get to the bottom of this and make sure Izzy is okay" she said before grabbing her cellphone and walking out the door probably calling Maddie to see if she found Izzy.

After quickly changing into some comfortable clothing and packing up my belongings, I texted Maddie to see if they had gotten to Izzy. My mind was racing with worst possible scenarios on what on earth occurred between Izzy and Wilmer. Obviously the worst came to mind, he hit or came on to her but I did my best to shake those thoughts out because he had really grown to like Izzy when he first meet her a little over a year ago. Where the hell did time go, in the time Izzy had lived with us it felt like we had done more harm then helped. All too quickly my thoughts were pushed aside by my phone buzzing.

Maddie: Yeah we found her, but we're waiting for security she locked herself in a storage closet.

Me: Okay should I go over there or just meet you guys at home.

Maddie: It's up to you. But I don't think Izzy is coming home with us

Me: Omw. why?

Maddie: Are you really asking 

Me: Sorry get defensive. So do you know exactly whats going on

Maddie: Not entirely but its not my story to tell its Izzy

I reached the area where my mom, dad, and Maddie were waiting for one of the security officers to open the door. After a few failed attempts and a struggle between Izzy and the guard in pulling the door, we managed to get Izzy in the car and were headed home. This was supposed to be an amazing weekend, and yet here we were sitting in silence on the drive home.

Izzy's POV

I didn't want to get out of the car upon arriving home. I just wanted to be alone, have a some, run away and drink this horrible nightmare away. There was no way in hell anyone would believe that Wilmer molested me. 

"Hey Iz, you coming" Maddie shyly asked looking over from her side of the door.

"I'll be right in" I forcibly smiled, not wanting to put anything more on Maddie.

"Whenever you're ready" she smiled before following Dianna and Demi into the house.

Taking a seat on the curb, i tugged at my flannel shirt as if it were my safety blanket.

"Izzy, I'm sorry" I heard a familiar voice, looking up I was met with Demi's sad eyes.

"For what?" I huffed out, slightly annoyed.

"For not being there for you enough. I asked you to become apart of this family and unfortunelty I put my career first. Maybe I didn't see it as a big deal because I think everyone is kind of used to it, but I failed to take you into consideration" Demi spoke taking a seat next to me. "And I know you're a teenager and you have the right to do what ever the hell you like because I had... have no say because I only just became apart of your life. But you need to understand also that I acted certain ways because I'm all too familiar with destructive behaviors and I didn't want to lose my little sister I just met" she said tears threaten to fall from her eyes.

"It's okay Demi. I now understand why you acted the way you did with me, I appreciate it. Because you and I are a lot more alike than I would have like to admit" I spoke with clarity. "We don't just share the same dad, but I guess we both get our bipolar genes from him too" I said finally coming clean about my mental illness. I had known for months now and had opted out to not mention it to anyways because I figured they just see a Demi 2.0.

"Wait, you're bipolar?" Demi questioned clearly shocked.

"Yeah, after meeting with some doctors at the rehabilitation center they pretty much connected the dots" I spoke, causing Demi to pull me in for a hug. "See this is why I hadn't told anyone I don't want sympathy" I slightly giggled but embraced her hug. 

"Sorry for talking about your rehab on stage tonight" she said finally letting me go.

"It's okay" I sheepishly smiled. Silence over took the night sky as we sat there. I could feel the tension with Demi wanting to ask about the whole Wilmer situation.

"Can I ask you something" Demi finally broke the silence.

"Depends" I stated in attempts to sound tough, but quite frankly I knew this was it, it was finally time to come clean.

"Please I don't want you to be mad with me or upset, I just need the truth. What did Wilmer do to you?" she asked clearly afraid of the next words that were about to slip out of my mouth.

After another award silence between us and endless fidgeting of my fingers.

"He molested me" I breathed out. 

Authors Note:

Hi guys, sorry for the late update but I've been swapped with midterms and papers to write for Uni. Anyways hope you guys are liking the story, and long over due answer over Izzy's character. FYI this story is probably going to end soon but don't worry there will still be more major events to happen before it does. 

Vote & Comment! The more votes and comments the more motivated I will be to update :)