1 + 2 = 3

Knowing that it wasn't such a great idea last time, I left the room myself, without the person Angelo said he would send up. It didn't matter anyway though because unlike last time, the person who was supposed to be waiting for me, was right outside the door.

It was a girl, a very blonde girl. Her hair was long and in very loose, and still super bouncy curls. She was shorter than me, but it didn't matter because her curves could beat mine any day. I felt a little...ugly. I guess I always felt like that though when I came in contact with any girl associated with the mafia.

She offered a smile, almost fake, as if she was being paid just to smile at me, "You must be Chloe. I'm Clementine, but you can call me Minty, everyone else does," she made a motion with her hand and turned her back to me, slowly proceeding to walk down the hallway. "So Tony says that you're going to be staying with us for quite some time. What's a femmina (girl) like yourself doing with the mafia? You know there's rumors..." She glanced over her shoulder at me briefly before turning back, and walking down the stairs. "Rumors about you and Angelo being, you know, sposato...married. And now I see that."

I followed her eyes down to my hand, the one being weighed down by the large, extravagant ring I had woken up with in the hospital, and I slowly nodded.

"Ooh la la, welcome to the mafia house Mrs. D'Amico," she squealed. "I never thought Angelo would find himself a girl. One that seems ok at least."

I just gave her a weird look, "What exactly is it that you do?"

"I'm not supposed to talk about it, but I can tell you that if you see other women walking around, they probably do the same thing as me."

So...what? Like a stripper? I wouldn't be surprised.

I made an 'O' with my mouth and nodded slowly, to show that I sort of understood her. "So where are we going?" I asked as she slid open a glass door, that led to yet another part of the mansion.

"Angelo's busy at the moment...supposedly, but I was told to bring you to the conference room. I think Tony's there waiting."

"Well is Angelo going to be there soon?" I didn't like the idea of being alone in a room with Tony. My one past experience with him wasn't the best, and last time Angelo was there to stop him. Now who's to say when he would show up?

"Yeah, he shouldn't be long," Clementine, or Minty shrugged. We came to a stop in front of two large, smooth wooden doors. Clementine stopped, turned to me, and rested her hand on my shoulder, "Tony's a man whore, I get that, but I know Angelo and he wouldn't leave him in there with you if rules weren't set in place and someone else was watching his every move."

So she knows Angelo.

Ok.

That's the only thing my jealous self could get out of what she said. I pushed the door open and let myself inside. Tony was already sitting at the end of the long table. I decided that being close to him was not on my to-do list, so I walked the mile to the other end and popped a squat in the leather chair.

"So nice of you to finally join me," I was surprised at how well his voice traveled through the room. "Angelo should be here shortly but we'll just get started now."

I was about to ask why him of all people had to go over the mafia house rules with me, but then I remembered something. He was the stupid underboss, the second in command. I guess it was his job to do what Angelo couldn't.

I was slowly starting to put the puzzle pieces together. Angelo, and just about everyone else in the mafia, didn't consider Mr. D'Amico the Boss anymore. Angelo was at it yet again, so everyone else got their spots back as well.