Chapter 8

"Florrie” Daniel’s small voice whispered in my ear, as I felt his hand lightly touch my arm. "Florrie you must awake and get ready. We need to leave, now while it is early morning, so that we will be ahead" He said this time, more sternly. I nodded and sat up rubbing my eyes and looking up at him. He had a big smile on his face his eyes were glistening from the morning sun.

"Come on" He said holding out his hand for me to take; I smiled and took his hand pulling me up. He grabbed the blanket and quickly rolled it up before placing it into the food bag. "We will take a rest, half way and have some of the food and drink" He said pulling the bag over his shoulder. “But I have a feeling that we will be travelling most of the day and arriving just before midday and then I will return.”

"Got everything?" He asked, I looked around and checked my neck for my locket, once I felt it I nodded.

"I have everything, let’s go" I said taking his hand once again and we made a run for it through the field.

We sped along the track side and fortunately no carriages past by us so far.  After a further thirty minutes we had walked through the field past a river and we were now only minutes away from a small village. But Daniel was being really careful and insisted upon up keeping a low profile because there was a good chance people knew who I was here. Therefore, if I got noticed, it wouldn't take long for Lord Raziel to find me.

"I need a rest" I gasped thumping to the floor, just behind a bush so that we were not noticeable; Daniel chuckled and sat beside me hunting around in his bag.

"Here you go" He said passing me a large piece of bread. “We as may eat our lunch here.” I grinned and quickly began to eat finishing the bread in just minutes and starting on another piece before Daniel had had even one roll.

"I'm just going to go back up there and get some water from the river" I nodded and watched him as he walked away and I carried on nibbling on my bread.

Not very long after that he came back with a small bowl of water.

"I'm sorry this is all I have to drink, we will be at my village soon" I nodded.

"It is fine Daniel" I said placing my hand in the bowl and drinking the water out of my hand, it was cold and refreshing but didn't have the best taste.

"We must get going again, we have another couple of hours of travelling, but we can start taking it slower now" He said packing up again and standing up waiting for me to join.

I joined him and we started are travels once again, I could only hope we would get there soon my feet were killing me.

"Okay I need you to face down, don't look around, don't make no eye contact, we just need to walk in the shadows" He said pulling me to his left side so he was now in front of me out of view.

We walked through the village, going pass the market, there was huddle of people, but they didn't seem to pay much attention to us, I kept my head down following Daniel through the people. Soon it became more crowded and I was holding onto Daniels hand with dear life, scared of losing him. 

"Keep up" He shouted pulling me along, I whispered a sorry and ran a little to catch up to his pace, before I knew what was happening someone came between me and Daniel breaking are hold of each other, I was hit causing me to spin around losing sight of Daniel.

I looked around but I couldn't see him, what do I do?

I slowly looked around in a circle but I still had no sight of him, I decided to take the risk and call for him.

"Daniel" I screamed over the crowd, but nothing.

"Daniel" I tried again, the next thing I knew I was being pulled away, I began to panic, thrashing my arms and legs as the person took me into the shadows.