Chapter Twenty

I sat on the soft couch near the corner, watching everything that was going on. Some maids and butlers seemed to be writing notes, others being buzzed out now and again while others just talked amongst themselves.

"Sorry about that" Nick sat down beside me, taking me from my thoughts. I gave him a small smile, nodding my head. Nick seemed like he wanted to say something but looked like he was debating against it.

"What's up?" I finally asked and he let out a sigh. He glanced back to the door he had just returned from before looking back to me, "Who's your master?" He asked and my brows knitted together, surprised at the question. Why did that matter?

"Why?" I questioned him and he seemed to hesitate, contemplating what he was going to say, "Well there are some cruel masters out there... I could ask my master to hire you if you wanted. He may not be the nicest but he can bid a good price" He sounded concerned, "You'd have me around to help."

I didn't even have to think about it. Sure Xander had kidnapped me but if he ever gave me up I could return straight to Henry and his family. Asking to be bought by someone else was extremely rude and wasn't something I really wanted either way.

He seemed to frown at my hesitation and I quickly shook my head, "That's really nice of you to offer Nick, but I'm fine where I am right now"

He seemed nervous to ask the next question but after a moment of silence he cleared his throat and finally spoke up, "And... he doesn't hurt you or touch you in ways you don't want?" My face reddened at his words. Now I could see why he was worried. A lot of people who bought maids were horny men.

I held up my hands, shaking my head before images of last night appeared in my head.

Stop thinking about that!

I shut my eyes tight, trying to remove the images, "Milania, are you alright?" Nick's voice brought me back to reality and I nodded my head.

"F-fine..." I stuttered which led him to narrow his eyes. "That doesn't sound like your telling the full truth, is he making you do stuff against your will?"

Okay so me and Xander did do stuff. But I couldn't blame him, it wasn't exactly against my will although I tried to make myself believe that which of course I failed miserably.

"No, I promise" My voice was serious this time, "What does it matter anyway?" Why was he so concerned about this?

"Because a beautiful lady such as you shouldn't be forced to do anything." He was such a gentleman. I bit my lip, avoiding all eye contact... why was I getting like this...?

"Well-" The buzzing of my band made me jump, stopping mid sentence. I scowled at the band, feeling embarrassed at my reaction. I lifted my eyes to Nick and gave him a small smile, holding up my wrist. "I got to go, I'll be back in a minute or however long it takes" I told him before standing up.

He grabbed my arm to stop me before letting go, "Nevermind." His voice was low. I shot him a confused look before waving weakly and leaving him. I pushed open the doors, walking out to where the ball like room which was set up as a kind of fancy dinner hall was.

The table's were more filled up now and I guessed soon enough dinner would be served. The sound of chatter filled the room and it just sounded like babbles as all the voices merged together. I walked over toward Xander, swerving around some chairs in my way before finally reaching him.

"Master?" I spoke up once I reached him. A few of the guys around the table looked up to me, I felt some of there eyes look me up and down. I shuffled in my place uncomfortably. Xander turned back slightly and beckoned me down so he could whisper in my ear.