Chapter Four- Raining Food

The rain has this steady rhythm as it falls the roof making me come to the decision it's truly the perfect sweatshirt day. I tighten my bun my head. Like hell, I'm going to let Jack mess with my head today or even my hair for that matter.

I grab my lunch from the cafe and head down to the library, even though the librarian isn't here today the doors are always unlocked.  But the lights are on... weird. I have always been a loner. I need my alone time so can just relax and have time to think. Sitting with Kats friends just make me feel tired from the crazy amount of gossip that is coming out of all of their mouths.

I head over to my favorite area of books and flop down at the nearest table.  Being me, of course, I was paying attention to the rain outside not what or who was at the table me. 

"Do you like the rain?"

"AHHHHHH!" Completely freaking out and jumping like a foot in the air. "Oh my gosh... where did you come from?!?" I said as I was holding my heart like I was having a heart attack.

"Well there goes your lunch," The familiar voice said while obviously trying not to laugh.

That's when I see my lunch now spilled all over- pasta on the floor mixed with a piece of bread, milk, and a now spilled cup of fruit.

"Are you kidding me??" I was completely pissed at whoever scared me- that is till I turned to see who it was... Jack.

"My, my, you look happy to see me," he said sarcastically

Considering that I had been looking forward to lunch all day, and how I am going to have to clean all this up by myself.  Because you know, a guy like him wouldn't do anything to help if it would mess up his pretty clothes or face. Oh no, he is far too cool to help clean up the mess he made, he- I see him starting to laugh his ass off.

He pulls himself to together to say, "You look like you're having a mini-rant in your head!"  There is no way that I am that easy to read... right? Now my face has to be bright red, and my temper is rising by the second.  I make a face at him and start picking up the bread but that is when he decides to open his mouth again just to continue to tease me.

"That's right! You're doing what all women should- clean."  Oh no he didn't......   *SPLAT*   "WHAT THE-" *SPLAT*

"No swearing," I say calmly after the last piece of pasta hits him straight in the face but... I have to admit that even with red sauce on his face he is still good looking.

He just stares at me in shock for a second before smirking "So... you want to play rough eh?"

I look at him simply and say "No thanks... not feeling like it today." And just as I finish *SPLAT* Sauce is now running down my side... Oh, bring it on!

He laughs but I hit him in the chest while he does, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?' then adds just loud enough so I can hear "that was a girly throw".  That wasn't really offensive but I wasn't going to take any more women jokes from this boy.

"Oh, it's on Jacky boy," I say as I stand up with a handful of spaghetti in my hands.

His eyes get big as he grabs for a handful of his... but not before there is noodles mixed in with his gorgeous hair... I start laughing and running as he grabs his milk and chases after me. 

Within seconds I am covered in chocolate milk...  let's see if I can have some fun with this!!

"Oh. my. god. This hoody was 75 dollars and it's ruined!! How could you?" 

His face almost makes me lose it but I keep my diva queen face on. "Really? I am so sorry! I didn't kno-"

I cut him, "I can't believe you would do that!"

And this time when I see his face, I lose it and am on the floor laughing in seconds.

"Wait what...." Jack says completely confused "wait a minute...."

This I when he decides it's a good idea to pick me up over his shoulder and start back over to the food...

"No jack... put me down! NO JACK!! I swear if you get any in my hair.."

I can feel him chuckle "Hey that's a good idea!!"

"I, for one, would disagree with that statement! Jack Mornwall and Dawn Berne in my office NOW!" As the principal who all of a sudden, out of nowhere is standing in the library.