Chapter Seven: Hot Water Hog

"Lift your leg higher."

"I'm trying," I grunted out raising my leg once again.

"Don't try," Kieran said as he caught my ankle before it hit his arm again, "just do it." He let go of my ankle with a bit of a shove.

I glared at him as I tottered on my feet. I contemplated just how I was going to extend my leg high enough to kick his shoulder. It seemed pretty impossible for my nonflexible self. I just had to keep reminding myself that at least it wasn't laps.

Everyday, Kieran and I (and occasionally Marilyn and Bolton) would come to the back yard of the fairly sized house that the four of us lived in and trained me. It was honestly back-breaking and at times I would love to just lay down on the cold dirt and cry. But, I haven't actually reached that point, yet.

It wouldn't be as stressful if Kieran wouldn't be so pushy and serious all of the time. All that he ever cares about is making sure I can go one step further than the one step further than I need to be. When I finally got down jogging a mile, he made me run two. Once I could actually do a push-up without my arms giving out, he made me do ten of them. In all, I probably did near seventy a day considering Id make it to about six and fall flat on my stomach. He made me do them all over again until I could do all ten.

He never really lets me play around either. He always looks so in the moment. I tried cracking some jokes to lighten up his super-mean attitude, but he just decided that my jokes were for four year olds and that running a mile sounded like a crap-ton of fun in that moment. Safe to say, I haven't really tried lightening up Kieran's pessimistic spirits.

When Marilyn and Bolton train with us, it's a lot easier. Usually, he is so focused on what Bolton is trying to accomplish that he doesn't worry if the impact of my foot would 'knock over a small, unstable chair rather than a tree' as he likes to put it. I do feel a bit bad when Kieran ends up just throwing Bolton somewhere. It's a bit strange, though because I think Bolton may actually like it. I don't mean it in a kinky way, but Bolton seems to enjoy pissing Kieran off.

Marilyn on the other hand, could probably care less. Usually she's the one telling me 'boys will be boys' and Bolton peels himself off a tree that he was just thrown against and goes after Kieran again. I truly think she needs some actual girl friends.

"I'm only 5'7," I muttered angrily looking at his large frame that had to be six feet at least. I would like to say he was a gentle giant, but he really wasn't.

"It's not like I'm asking you to jump over my head," he countered crossing his arms over his buff chest. A scowl formed on his face which I hated.  He rarely ever smiled. A smirk was occasional, but scowls seemed to be the winner.

"Kind of," I mumbled quietly so he wouldn't hear me. I knew I was just whining and that it wasn't even closely related to jumping entirely over his head, but it was still hard. He gave me the usual look of Kieran as Marilyn likes putting it which consists of 'just do what I'm telling you,' and a little bit of 'are you kidding me or are you just stupid'.

Deciding on what would be best for my health, I conjured up all of my strength before raising my leg in a poor attempt to kick his shoulder. It didn't work out that way. He let out a bit of laugh, but it was almost a grunt once my foot landed where it had on his arm.

"Oh look," he said staring down at his arm where my foot had just been. "You managed to kick me right here," he stated, his finger pointing to the now bruising area just above his elbow, "again."

I could feel my wolf wanting to push through. Kieran was making her mad like he usually managed and planned to do. He figured that by making me do things harder than I'm used to, it'll make my wolf angry due to her attachment to my own feelings. If I start getting angry or upset, then it would make her mad. He wanted me to learn to control her when she tries taking control and slaughtering half of the human population.