XLII. Your Bones

-------------------------------------------------------------

Far from any human civilization, in the midst of a vast ocean spanning hundreds of depths, a single tanker ship sailed slowly over the blue waters. It carried a heavy load of containers, all colored different shades, and also a brightly colored array of construction vehicles that the captain and workers had not recalled being on the list of items, but saw no harm in the mistake. They could have easily been a last minute addition, and it was that very train of thought which concealed the comet-like object that struck onto the surface of the ship and transformed into a metallic feline-like beast, unseen and unnoticed. So too were the odd machinations of the vehicles, whose parts morphed and moved, turning them into something entirely alien, yet bearing a resemblance of a human made of metal with piercing, red optics which glowed with burning malice.

The four transformed vehicles, along with their newest feline addition, leaped over the side of the ship, hurtling down into the dark abyss below. However, this time they were not invisible to the human factor in the waters—submarines detected their signals and made the calls, but nothing would be able to stop them as they fell faster and faster, the pressure and temperatures of no concern to their metallic, alien forms. They touched down upon the rocks and sand of the ocean floor in mere seconds, and from there they didn’t need to go far to find their query—a lifeless, metallic shell resembling their kind, buried in sand and serving as home to some of the creatures of the sea.

The four human-like alien beings settled around their fallen comrade, while the feline landed upon the inert form, and from its chest a small creature of similar make popped out from its chest. It resembling more so a spider than anything else, and it’s red, bug-like optics only cemented the notion, both of which scrutinized the rusted metal of the lifeless being. It hummed for only a moment, before looking to its far larger companions.

“Need parts!” it spoke in a language no human would understand, a combination of electronic sounds no vocal apparatus on the planet could hope to make. “Kill ze little one!”

The miniscule creature said it with much ease and glee, and three of the larger, human-like mechs worked with as much apathy as they tore apart one of their comrades, the screams falling on deaf audio receptors. They stopped all together soon enough as the small creature began its work, using the parts to mend their fallen comrade—a doctor for their kind. It worked fast and with precision that would make it the envy of any human medical physician, and soon the large, lifeless metal being was ready for the final piece.

The small doctor turned to the feline, whose throat rumbled with glee and eagerness as it pulled a small, jagged shard from its chest and handed it to its smaller companion. With an impish shine to its optics, the spider-like creature clambered towards the fallen being’s chest, raising the shard high above it as if it were a priest awakening a god.

“Ze Shard make Energon!” it squealed delightfully and thrust the object down, straight into the empty hole in the chest.  

A few seconds passed, and the doctor pulled back, confused. There had been no flash, no flare of life; not even a small spark. The hole was still black and empty, and the fallen comrade lifeless. The doctor scowled, red optics narrowing in annoyance as it turned to the feline-like metal being.

“What is zis? Shard is dead! No power! You fail!” it wailed, throwing the shard at the feline who growled with confusion as well and snatched up the shard into its claws. It studied the object for a moment, before rumbling at the doctor with uncertainty, which continued to glare with contempt.