Fourteen

~Gerard's POV~

Frank had stayed with me and laid next to me in my dorm before, but we had never slept next to each other. I had never really slept next to anyone other than Mikey or my mom on trips or when I was little.

Sleeping with Frank was different. His arm was wrapped around my midsection, holding me close to him. I could feel his head leaned against the back of mine. His breathing was slow and patterened, indicating he was already asleep. Even in sleep, his hold around me felt secure...and safe.

I smiled through my closed eyes. This was such a nice feeling... I loved this new feeling of closeness to Frank. It made me feel good... It made me dream of that warm summer evening I always used to imagine when we touched...

I only woke up when I felt the absence of his arm around me. I rolled over, still feeling his presence in the bed next to me.

"Well, good morning..." Frank's morning voice was rhaspy and low.

"Morning..." I smiled.

I felt him move some hair away from my face. I wondered how his bed head looked, whether he had hair draping his own face. I knew his hair covered his ears slightly, but that had been about two weeks ago I had discovered that about him... It could of grown since then.

"Still sleeping or what?" I heard Frank's rhaspy voice chuckle. Oh it sounded nice...

"No, just thinking."

"Don't get any funny ideas, Gerard." I felt the bed shift as I assumed he sat up, "Although I did enjoy sleeping next to you."

"I should hope so..." I grinned, propping myself up on my arm, "Because you get to do it again tonight."

"I can't wait."

---

Frank had given me some clothes that I had managed to get on myself while he went to piss and change. He was still in the bathroom when I was done, so I decided to make my way down the hall. Thank god we didn't keep any furniture down that hall, because I would of run right into it.

I could hear soft giggles and a cooing sound? I made it to the edge of what I thought would be the hall into the kitchen and I heard a small squeal.

"It's Gerard!" A child's voice rang through my ears. I smiled as I recognized the voice of one of my small cousins.

"Hey! Luke, how are you?" I laughed as I felt his grip around my leg.

"What about me? Guuurard?" Another voice asked.

"Is that little Lisa?" A soft giggle confirmed my question.

"Gerard! How are you?" Another voice. Good thing I was good at tabbing voices to names.

"I'm good aunt Mary." I said, hopefully facing her direction, "How are you?"

"We'll, seeing as I'm not carrying a small human in my stomach, just great."

"You had your baby!?" I asked excitedly. I loved kids, especially babies. They were just so small and curious to all things in life...

"Yes! Her name is Amy, would you like to hold her?"

I nodded and my aunt helped lead me across the room, her other children still clinging to my legs.

~Frank's POV~

I walked back into the bedroom to find Gerard missing. I shrugged and walked down the hall. I looked at some of the pictures as I walked down, seeing old pictures of Gerard's whole family. I stopped just before the hall break leading into the kitchen and living room at an old, grainy photo of the family of four at what looked like a beach.